53-man Depth Chart | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

53-man Depth Chart

killswitch

engage
Reaction score
Below, is my projected 53-man depth chart assuming that everyone is healthy (including D McIntosh). The biggest surprise is that I have 4 RB's being taken, while only 4 WR's are taken. One of the RB's, either Henry or Russell, will be inactive, most likely Henry, because I think Russell will contribute as the team's main return man.

IMO, It's conceivable that the Phins may take only 4 WR's for many reasons: #1 - Last year, although 5 WR's were taken on the 53-man roster, usually (if not always) only 4 were on the active roster each week. #2 - The Phins have said they will go more 2 TE sets, plus they've said they want to keep Konrad on the field more often and get him more touches, therefore diminishing the importance of another WR. #3 - supposedly, some packages have been implemented that include R Williams lining up some at WR. #4 - i don't think any of the other WR's will have separated themselves enough to earn a roster spot behind Newson, but the one(s) who show the most promise can always be put on the practice squad.

2004 Miami Dolphins

......................................................................................Bell.......................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................Edwards....................................Akins.....................................................................................
..................................................................................Freeman...................................Knight...................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................Bua........................................Pope..............................................................................................................
............................................................Jenkins..................................Thomas......................................Moore...........................................................
.............................................................Seau..................................................................................Greenwood.......................................................
........................................................................................................Romero..............................................................................................................
Howard.......................................................Grisgsby......................Zgonina..........J.Williams...D.Bowens.........................................................Poole
Surtain........................................................Taylor............T.Bowens.......Chester...........Ogunleye.......................................................Madison
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chambers...............................................Smith....James....McKinney....McIntosh....Carey....McMichael.............................................Boston
Thompson......................................................................Yates......................Jerman......St.Clair........Lee.....................................................Newson
......................................................................................................................Whitley........................Jones................................................................
..................................................................................................Feeley...........................................Perry..(LS)..........................................................
..................................................................................................Fielder.....................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................Rosenfels..................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................Konrad....................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................Morris.............................................................K:.Mare............................................
...............................................................................................R.Williams.........................................................P:.Turk............................................
....................................................................................................Minor......................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................Russell.(KR,PR)...............................................................................................................
....................................................................................................Henry.....................................................................................................................

I dont think Kendall Newsome will be the number 4 receiver.... I believe that JR Tolver will make it or we will keep Terrence Wilkins

Shawn Wooden dosn't make the team? Or that Goodspeed guy that I heard was doing well. And wouldn't the team carry more than 4 cornerbacks? That guy from the AFL or Roundtree maybe.

I think your depth a some pos is off. Your missing some name players as well. No way the fins keep 4 rbs, even with one of them being used as a kr/pr. Minor has played that roll alittle and the team still did not keep that many rb. Also at this point in time we should count out ogun. Why are their 5 safties and 4 corners. Overall I think more then a few of your numbers are off. where is d-mac because he will proly be on the pup list at the start. henry will proley be the odd man out because the fins are going to have to keep wilkens around to have some exp at the return pos if russell starts to struggle. Roundtree will more then likely make the roster because of his abilities and the fact that he could play a safty pos in a pinch, as could poole or bua. If bua makes the roster miami will still only need 4 safties because bua and poole are utility players with bua being able to play lb and s. I am not ready to put my roster out there yet but I will in a month or so.

I think we'll keep 5 WRs. Going with 4 is suicide IMO. Nobody does that.

I also don't think that Terrence Wilkins will make this team. Like Charlie Rogers, I think his best days are long gone. I think Newson makes it as the #4 and then you flip a coin for the 4th guy.

And I too can see us keeping 4 RBs. Minor is gone next year. And that would leave us looking for a backup RB for Ricky. Henry can be tendered the minimum next year. Based on what we've heard so far, Russell could be too good to keep of the team (as a return man).

Too early to tell. Can't wait till the pads come on.

Yeah, take Henry out of there(practice squad) and put in another WR....Tolver?

Muck said:
And I too can see us keeping 4 RBs. Minor is gone next year. And that would leave us looking for a backup RB for Ricky. Henry can be tendered the minimum next year. Based on what we've heard so far, Russell could be too good to keep of the team (as a return man).

Too early to tell. Can't wait till the pads come on.
Yea i think we already have or backup RB for next year in Russell or Henry

Awful early for this speculation, besides you have no "long shot" making the team and every year somebody jumps up in camp and "demands" to be kept by their play. Russell was too highly rated to be that long shot. McIntosh will likely start the year on PUP and one of the other two OL draft picks, Pape and/or Hadnut will press for time. I think Moa has a good chance to nbeat out Morris for the back-up FB spot.

We'll see.

KYfinfan said:
Yeah, take Henry out of there(practice squad) and put in another WR....Tolver?

I don't think Henry is eligble for anyone's PS, since he has two accredited years. He got moved up when the Cardinals tried to sign him from our PS in 2002. Depends on how many games he logged on the active roster that year. Anyway, there's no way Henry makes it to anyone's PS. He'll be snapped up quick.

Every team keeps at least 5 WRs, so I would expect us to do the same. As for who they will be, I am guessing they will be Chambers, Boston, Thompson, Tolver, and Minnis. However, I do think that there will be a lot of competition for those backup WR spots.

Back
Top Bottom