5th Round Magic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5th Round Magic

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
In the recent past, starting in 2010, we have had some impressive 5th rounds. They would be impressive for first rounds. In 2010 we got Nolan Carrol and Reshead Jones in the 5th, 2 years ago we landed Jay Ayjai, Tony Lippett, and Bobby McCain. That's a lot of starts and 2 pro bowlers from a very late round. Jacksonville has only drafted 1 pro bowler in any round for 9 years.

I love the guys we got this year in the 5th. I think both have the talent and chance to keep this going. They both play mean, and we're steals in the 5th. Asiata can start day 1, and Davon should be our #3 DT day 1 witch will get him on the field 40-50% of snaps.

Also:

1996 5th round - Zach Thomas LB
1991 5th round - Bryan Cox LB

Agreed on Taylor. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me how far he fell. Maybe he's too high-cut to hold up against the run, but I'd have thought that given his college production, size, and upside as a pass rusher, somebody would've made a bet on him earlier than the 6th.

The team has a problem if the best part of the draft is on the 3rd day.

Its not like Harris and McMillan suck. I am very high on McMillan theres our Mike for the next 15 years. (Hes only 20)

The team has a problem if the best part of the draft is on the 3rd day.
Well there is a difference between best player and best player at that pick. I think people are saying the Dolphins got excellent value at their late round picks . And definitely in range players at their early picks.

The LG position is all up for Asiata to take in 2017 but Miami is perfectly content with Larsen/Bushrod at guard while they give Isaac a year in the system.

Perfect world is Tunsil/Asiata/Pouncey/Bushrod/James . . . With Young/Larsen as your active gameday backups.

Urbik will be an insurance policy for Pouncey. . . But he will be inactive many weeks. He can free up over 1 million in cap space if released so if someone like Steen steps up and just flat out outplays him in camp and preseason, I could see Urbik being released.

Still need a young tackle prospect to step up as inactive gameday depth and the line will be set for 2017.

Asiata struggles as a pass blocker

Its not like Harris and McMillan suck. I am very high on McMillan theres our Mike for the next 15 years. (Hes only 20)

Do you know how many players play 15 years in the NFL
never mind with the same team?

Do you know how many players play 15 years in the NFL
never mind with the same team?

Percentage wise? Probably 10% or something close to that. Still, hes only 20 how many players come in at 20?

Even if McMillian plays 8 years for us I'm happy with that

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom