8/7/15 Scrimmage Highlight: Ryan Tannehill to Jordan Cameron TD Pass | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/7/15 Scrimmage Highlight: Ryan Tannehill to Jordan Cameron TD Pass

That balls not in danger of being picked...no chance sheppards catching that hes trailing and trying to stay attached hes also a lb and when tanny sees that hes got that man coverage mismatch with cameron he is going to it the entire way...

Not many lbs get their head around on that play...if anything that ball hits the defenders helmet and bounces off but hes all about trying to stay attached there cause hes stacked

Also no wobble on that throw

First scrimmage and people are upset at an awesome TD pass.

Must be preseason at finheaven...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I wonder....how many posts will a thread debating a completed TD pass in a ****ing scrimmage will get....

QB threw it....TE made a catch....why the **** do we care how it looked...it is still 7 on the score board and its still a ****ing scrimmage.

Is it me or was that pass wobbly as ****? i do like how Cameron uses his height goes up and over the DB to get that ball great adjustment, guy is going to be a awesome red zone weapon

That was my favorite part of this play. The ball was underthrown, but Cameron slowed down gradually, adjusted to the ball, and didn't telegraph his leap to go get the ball so it didn't get defensed. Then he goes up and gets the ball in traffic (double covered at the point of the catch). Catches first, secures the ball, then finishes the play.

It also showed a bit of trust on Tannehill's part to throw it kind of short, because that's dangerous. He wouldn't do that to Clay last year. But, Cameron has shown the propensity to fight for the ball, adjust, and come down with the ball in traffic. It's good to see Tannehill trusting his TE. I haven't seen that since Fasano.

Is it me or was that pass wobbly as ****? i do like how Cameron uses his height goes up and over the DB to get that ball great adjustment, guy is going to be a awesome red zone weapon

Yes. The wobble was intended to give the arc more "luft" and allow the receiver sufficient time to get his digits in the precise position to catch the pig!

Great Job by Thill.

I wonder....how many posts will a thread debating a completed TD pass in a ****ing scrimmage will get....

QB threw it....TE made a catch....why the **** do we care how it looked...it is still 7 on the score board and its still a ****ing scrimmage.

Good question. It's as if spirals can never be intercepted.

If he threw that and completed it for a TD in a real game, no one would care.

What's up with all the thumb downs on the front page of this thread. Seriously it seems some just can't find any joy. It was a good play period.

Maybe nitpicking but with Sturgis kicking the extra point, now that it's moved back... i'd say it's a sure 6 maybe 7...lol

It didn't freaking wobble! It was the way the light reflected off the ball when it left his hand that made it appear that it wobbled, but it didn't. You can tell that it wasn't wobbling by the way the ball falls into Cameron's hands. It was a perfect spiral. It could not leave his hand wobbling and all of a sudden straighten out when it is about to land in the receiver's hands.

It was wobbly and behind a bit, BUT, this is why we got Cameron and it is awesome to see him do what he was brought in to do in redzone, big target snatching TD with that big catch radius.

What's up with all the thumb downs on the front page of this thread. Seriously it seems some just can't find any joy. It was a good play period.

I know. I'm the original poster. I post a highlight video from scrimmage, and I get a thumbs down? Tough crowd.

Didn't mean to turn this into a Zapruder film examination geez guys it was just a question I loved the outcome regardless. Finheaven #hasnochill

Great anticipation, throw, route and catch!

What wasn't so great was the beat writer's description of the play on twitter last night. I think every single one of them said Tannehill to Cameron deep down the middle. If that wasn't a 7 route I don't know what is. When they mess up on a play as easy as that to diagnose I really have to question how much stock I can put into the rest of their practice reports.

Back
Top Bottom