8 starters needed: feasible to remedy in 1 offseason? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8 starters needed: feasible to remedy in 1 offseason?

madridfinfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm figuring 5 started on O needed: OT, 2 OG, WR, TE
And 3 starters on D: DE, CB, FS

What would your plans be to fill those in the draft and FA?
I know it's a pipedream, but hitting on 3 starters in FA, and our first 5 picks in the first 3 rounds MIGHT be possible (wait, Ireland's running the show, forget it)

I think our 3 FA should be WR (Wallace) OT (Volmer) OG (Levitre)
And our top 5 picks in Draft to look something like:
1 DE Werner
2 OG Cooper
2 CB Trufant
3 FS Rambo
3 TE Fauria

Of course FA period will determine our draft strategy.
This is based on letting Long, Starks (move Odrick inside), and bush walk. Resign smith, hartline, Clemons, fasano.

Thoughts?

Every team will always have holes...ours are magnified because we aren't contending right now..we just need to find an offensive identity this upcoming year and everything else will fall into place,but we do need another influx of depth\talent,but a really good core of players are here already

no linebackers ? There is no depth at all at the linebacker corps. And I think one of Dansby/Burnett will be let go

The dolphins need to bring in at least 2 LB's. Spitler, Trusnick, and Freeny are total garbage.

I hear you.
I thought I had included that exact observation in the post.
This strategy might work IF
1> we can hit on our first 5 picks
2) avoid the injury bug, especially at LB

Our LB depth is horrendous.
Looking even further ahead, I'm
Going LB rounds 1, 2, and 3 in 2014.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Because we have so many holes, I think fist things first, looking to find starters. We
Need depth too, but looking for upgraded at
Starters is more important. I think we can roll with our LB crew one more year.

I agree with your eight needs. The team should also start to focus on getting younger at linebacker, but that's not as vital as the other eight. I like your draft, but I really don't see Miami going after big time, high priced free agents. I really don't expect a Mike Wallace type signing. I do think the Dolphins will look to add a starting offensive linemen in free agency and maybe some depth at linebacker. What they end up doing with Jake Long will have a huge impact on the offseason. If Long goes, look for a Jake Matthews in round 1.

Back
Top Bottom