80/20 pass/run split despite the weather | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

80/20 pass/run split despite the weather

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
At this point nearing the end of the 4th we've run more than 41 pass plays and run the ball 13 times. Despite bad conditions for passing. Despite lack of rhythm in the passing game. Despite the fact that the QB was having trouble holding onto the ball. Despite that our leading rusher is averaging 7 YPC today and the guy behind him 4.5.

When bad coaching shows itself, its up to you to not ignore it. Because there aren't enough games against the Ian Books, Zack Wilsons, and Bengals backup QB's so unimportant I can't even remember which one started against us, to give you enough wins to make the playoffs when you coach awful once the games really matter.

2021 is 2020. Play terrible early. Midseason run to relevance, with all but one or two games being against the absolute dregs of the league where you mostly have to allow the opponent to beat themselves. Bow out at the end of the year.

The highs and lows may look different, but Flores is Joe Philbin.

I mean I dont get this...? The defense were in cover 0 for the first 3 drives and completely shut them down, they stopped and Titans were driving...

Fins running game was doing great and they opted to throw in **** weather instead...

I mean I just dont understand?

I mean I dont get this...? The defense were in cover 0 for the first 3 drives and completely shut them down, they stopped and Titans were driving...

Fins running game was doing great and they opted to throw in **** weather instead...

I mean I just dont understand?
Bad coaching is bad coaching. We can be surprised at how it materializes itself but shouldn't be surprised that it showed up.

The same coaching staff today is the same one that coached to losses against Indy, Atlanta, and Jacksonville, and Las Vegas, games where coaching decisions were the major difference in close. It's the same one that ruined last year with its force starting of a rookie QB and alienated the only experienced offensive assistant the HC has been able to bring in....well except for the offensive consultant who also smelled a rat and bailed on 2019.

We have to the second best head coach on the field every week, assuming the opposite sideline doesn’t have a couple of wash outs.

We have to the second best head coach on the field every week, assuming the opposite sideline doesn’t have a couple of wash outs.
What I love for you is he is back again next year. Love it.

Very strange that they did not run the ball more given the success they were having. The OCs need to have confidence with the running game.

Back
Top Bottom