9 NFL teams that should wear throwback uniforms full-time

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by lurking, Jun 7, 2017.

1. lurking

lurking Rookie Finheaven VIP

9 NFL teams that should wear throwback uniforms full-time
    [​IMG]
    FOXSports

Cameron DaSilva1 day ago
    TWEET

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Slide 10 of 11: The Dolphins just revamped their uniforms a few years ago, going to a lighter aqua color with a new logo and less orange. There’s really nothing wrong with the change, but their current uniforms are nowhere near as great as their throwbacks from 1966.The Dolphins wear these jerseys once in a blue moon – at least they have the past two years – but they should become permanent. They look spectacular, and there are very few people who would say otherwise. They stand out far more than their current jerseys, with the orange accents popping on the aqua base color.
    Full screen

1/11 SLIDES © Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    The NFL has seen the number of alternate and throwback uniforms worn drop significantly in recent years as the league puts safety first. Players are restricted to wearing one helmet all season long, which prevents teams from using helmets that would match throwback uniforms – unless it’s as simple as removing the decal.Additionally, teams are allowed to wear alternates or throwbacks only twice a year, which isn’t nearly enough. These nine teams have some of the best old-school sets in all of football, and it’s time for each franchise to make them their permanent look.

Philadelphia Eagles

New England Patriots

Atlanta Falcons

Los Angeles Chargers

Dallas Cowboys

Los Angeles Rams

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

10/11 SLIDES © Steve Mitchell
    Miami Dolphins
    The Dolphins just revamped their uniforms a few years ago, going to a lighter aqua color with a new logo and less orange. There’s really nothing wrong with the change, but their current uniforms are nowhere near as great as their throwbacks from 1966.The Dolphins wear these jerseys once in a blue moon – at least they have the past two years – but they should become permanent. They look spectacular, and there are very few people who would say otherwise. They stand out far more than their current jerseys, with the orange accents popping on the aqua base color.

number1fin, Dajesus and fishfanmiami like this.
  2. Perfect72

Perfect72 It's Only Happened ONCE!

Dolphins president leaves door open for possible return to classic logo

Just over four years ago, the Miami Dolphins unveiled their new logo and coinciding uniforms. It was the first major change to the iconic helmet-wearing dolphin emblem they had used for all of their existence, dating all the way back to 1966.

The new logo was met with mixed reviews with some preferring it to the old one, while others were unhappy with the change. The same feelings have been expressed four years later, and it’s led the team to leave the door open for a potential return to the classic look.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...c-logo-change-permanent-team-president-060717

Dajesus and TheJetsBlow like this.
  3. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

:wall

Stupid ****ing off season.

Ren likes this.
  4. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Well-Known Member

Dolphins, Rams, Falcons definitely should

JakeemThe Dream and Dajesus like this.
  5. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Love the throwback for us.
    Hate the pats but their throwback is way better than current

6. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Nah, the black jerseys for the Falcons are too boring. The red ones now aren't bad at all.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  7. JG13

JG13 Active Member

Agree on all teams except the Bears...they should go back to the 1980s jerseys.

Loved those 1980s Rams uniforms.

8. coalesce

coalesce Dolphin Fan since 1974

No love for the Steelers' bumblebee throwbacks?

9. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

Not doubt! Uniforms...scminiforms. Who the f**k cares. Can't change ours til next yr anyways.

10. DisturbedShifty

Like I said in the other uniform thread. If there are any changes that are going to be made it will be to the uniform more than the logo. They will probably use a mix of the new logo and the old uniform.

As an example I could see them adding the stripes on the sleeves to the jersey with the modern font. Keep the white face mask and add more orange in the helmet stripe and keep the current logo. And maybe tweak the pant stripes to have more orange. But that's probably all you'll see.

Of the past four logos Miami has kept their logo for an average of 11 years. 74-89 and 97-12 with the longest at 15 years each and the other two logos at 7 years a piece. And if there is a logo change it probably won't be an overhaul. It will probably be more tweaking like Detroit, Carolina and Tampa did to theirs.

11. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

Pretty sure in the next 4 years we will switch over

12. DisturbedShifty

Based on what? The Rams ditching gold from their color scheme? That is just a color change, its not even a logo change. The logo is staying the same minus the gold and their uniforms this year will still have the gold on the shoulders. Even the Chargers, who's fan based was screaming for them to go back to the powder blue uniforms, never switched back to the original uniform. They just made an alternate uniform for it. Teams will compromise with their uniforms and logos to find that happy medium between new and old but once they have changed they don't go backwards.

13. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

The only thing I'd like to see them do with the logo is change the posture of the dolphin. It really should be in the classic dolphin pose. Not sure what they got out of giving it the swirly pose.

As for the uni, I can see them doing something similar to what the Bills did. The fans fell in love with the standing buffalo throwbacks so they heavily incorporated elements of it into their new design. Now they have one of the best uniforms in the league.

DisturbedShifty likes this.
  14. DisturbedShifty

Bingo. That's what see Miami doing for any uniform change.

As for changing the position of the dolphin, I have a feeling that was intentional. As 8 stated before, people outside of Miami really had no clue that the logo had changed over the years. A large part of that is due to the position the dolphin was in. It was too similar to the original. That is part if the reason the throwbacks really stand out now is because you can clearly tell the difference even to those that aren't Dolphins fans.

15. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

The helmet with the old school logo is top notch. I would adore this look going forward should Miami adopt it.

The Thanksgiving uniforms vs. Dallas back in the Fiedler/Chambers days was off the hook too.

16. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream Well-Known Member

Yup!! Those ones were awesome

17. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Finheaven VIP Donator

I never knew football fans were so into fashion.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  18. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

Some bad *** f'n fashion right there!!!

19. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Redo the logo but keep the stupid helmet off the damn dolphin. Bring back the darker aqua like the 1966 color.

20. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Love the idea of combining (or altering some) the new logo with a retro uniform. Would be amazing

21. A500

A500 Member

I like the new uniforms a little bit, definitely like the throwback more. But I think they should keep their new uniform. It makes it more special the couple times a year they wear their throwbacks. Just my opinion

ChrisTRD and DisturbedShifty like this.
  22. K-Rob

K-Rob #1 Fin Cheerleader - Chiquita Lady Lumps Finheaven VIP

Those aqua throwbacks are absolutely awesome. No doubt about it. But I think it's because they're a more balanced look than the current ultra clean look. I think the current uniforms could benefit from just a few tweaks. Toning down the pastel aqua and maybe adding some color to the face masks. When they wear all white, it's TOO white and I think there's room to add some orange/gray somewhere. It would make a huge difference.

Also, as cool as the throwbacks are, we've yet to see that particular design in white. The Cowboys game gives a clue what it would look like but I'd still like to see a white version of the throwbacks they've worn the last 2 seasons.

23. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream Well-Known Member

Those are bada$$!!!

I wish we had those year round.

Pure beauty!!

PHINS UP!!!

CalDolFan10x14 likes this.
  24. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Uniform threads really make me miss the dislike button.

25. lurking

lurking Rookie Finheaven VIP

And yet you're in a uniform thread.

26. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Not because I dislike the thread, because I dislike the opinions contained within the thread.

27. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Feel free to tell anyone to **** off if it's that big of a deal.

Avigatorx likes this.
  28. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

I hear ya, but most of the time I dont like typing out a response. I like the convenience of a one-button "im with ya man" or "no thanks dude."

That said, Im gonna refrain from derailing this topic any further.

On point, I am a traditionalist and love the old unis and logos, so I'd be on board with more of the vintage look.

29. iwastherein1972

iwastherein1972 Well-Known Member

The only difference between the aqua and white designs is that the new jersey cuts require the stripes fit on that gore panel rather than on a full sleeve. Those new cuts didn't exist in 2003. Last year one of the Dolphins ( I think it was Maxwell) actually wore a full-sleeved aqua throwback (what nike sells to the public) in the 9er game. If there was a white version now, it would have the sleeve pattern the same as the aqua. Technically, it is a different jersey from what was worn in 1966 due to the sleeve cut... but I digress. I personally wanted the throwback to be stripeless like the Dolphins wore in 1970-72, which to me was their BEST jersey.

BTW I have waited to get a throwback because I keep hoping the cut sleeved version will become available to the general public... but I am afraid nike will never let that happen.

30. DisturbedShifty

Not sure what your feeling are about bootleg versions but have you looked to see if any of those have that sleeve?