93 Snaps For The Falcons Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

93 Snaps For The Falcons Defense

kcbrown

Life is what we make it.
Club Member
Reaction score
The Falcons defense balled in the first half, their defensive line applied pressure, they hit Brady, the LB's were flying around bottling up Blount, their DB's were solidly tackling Edelman, Hogan, etc....

The Falcons scored in the first half, and the one score in the second, but they did not eat up a lot of clock.

In the second half, once the Falcons' defense started getting tired, Brady killed them.

I do not care if you have the best defense in the league, men cannot play solid defense for 90+ snaps. The Falcons wilted. Of course they could have won the game if they ran the ball down the stretch, but I wrote this post mainly to say....

Not only do you have to score on the Patriots, you have to score slowly or moderately. If you score quickly, Brady has proven that it does not matter if you are up 7, 14, 21, or 25 points.....with that quick strike passing game, they will come back. So not only do you have to 'get pressure on Brady' (everyone says that), you have to keep him off the field....otherwise it's over.

DB's cannot cover WR's by playing man-to-man coverage play after play after play....and man coverage is what you need against the Pats. A couple of my friends are Steelers fans and they are still pissed that Tomlin went zone against the Pats all game. You can't do it, Brady will eat your zone alive.

So in summary, in my opinion, the best defense against the Pats is not only a strong defensive line, or talented DB's, but it's your offense that is the best defense. An offense that scores AND and an offense that eats up the clock.

Your defense plays 93 snaps and you are dead.

The Pats also rely on short timing passes. The receivers need to be jammed on the line so their timing is disrupted. They did not do that enough.

In this game Atlanta had the perfect scenario unfold for them. 28-3 midway though 3rd. All they had to do from that point on is milk he clock and perhaps get one more FG for good measure. Epic choke. You are 1st and 10 at NE 21 looking at chip shot FG that ices game and somehow you turn that into 4th and 33? Also, after the failed on side kick + penalty you have the ball on pats 35 - yet again you go backwards. Unacceptable. They didn't chew clock - rather they chewed ****.

Someone at work told me that they heard ESPN say had Atlanta kneeled the rest of the 3rd quarter and 4th they would have won the game.

Someone at work told me that they heard ESPN say had Atlanta kneeled the rest of the 3rd quarter and 4th they would have won the game.

Probably true, because one of NE's scores was because of a turnover on Atlanta's side of the field.

Back
Top Bottom