A Football Life Dan Marino (full video) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Football Life Dan Marino (full video)

Missed your link but was able to watch last night on NFL Network. Damn I miss watching Dan play. You didn’t realize what you were watching at the time and that you’d never see it again.

Missed your link but was able to watch last night on NFL Network. Damn I miss watching Dan play. You didn’t realize what you were watching at the time and that you’d never see it again.

The video is still up, just can't be watched in embedded form. If you click on 'watch on youtube', it should work fine!

I've watched it half a dozen times. He was a cool customer! I was in HS when he came on the scene and I thought for sure we'd win a bunch of SBs.

Man that guy was something else, a once in a lifetime talent, not just his arm and his fastest ever release but his attitude and mental state throughout his whole career. Guy had tannehill level toughness, an even better arm and aggression and confidence in himself like no other. If he had a team that helped him get titles instead of it being mostly him he would be just below michael jordan in popularity, funny because both of their careers basically started in 84, what a year for athletes and sports period.

He had all the charisma you could ever want for endorsements and hollywood, thankfully he stuck with what he was best at because you'll never see another quarterback like him, the purest of all the passers. A damn shame that shula never gave him a running game and that jj tried to neuter him and probably made him retire early, he really should of left with around 6 or 7 titles with his talent and the coaches he had. Big mistakes by great coaches that killed what should have been a michael jordan esque career in football. Nevertheless, minus the titles, anybody with half a brain can't deny he was the goat, shame he was denied that in trophy's because of other's mistakes.

People say he was an ahole and all this nonsense, all the people that say that never experienced true confidence like Dan had and don't understand all the bs he had to get through just to be and stay the man he was. Dan was a man's man in the manliest of games and that's the type of mindset it took to be him because he was the perfect mixture of talent and attitude in the hardest position in sports. There are few sports legends I'll remember in my lifetime that were at the top of the totem pole, mj, dan, ali, ruth, and none of them will likely ever be eclipsed not just in talent, but in attitude. They all brought something that made them stand out and become huge figures in mainstream society outside of their extreme talent, but none of them will ever be forgotten for being the goat's. Shame, because that word is thrown around so much with this new generation and most of them aren't 1/5th of what the real goat's are.

Really wish he was our POFO because now that shula is getting really old we need danny boy to represent this team from the top for a long time, because he is Dolphins football and he has been cheated for far too long our of what he has deserved for far longer.

There are only a handful of goat's and one of them was ours, it's time we started treating him as such.

Amazing to see wide receivers actually get separation

Isn't it tho. Duper, Clayton, Fryar, Moore, McDuffie, Gadsden, Ingram etc. Those guys played their asses off for Marino knowing they'd be rewarded. Never will get tired of that show. Some impressive clips of how a passing game should look.

They highlighted a lot of great moments. I was in attendance at several of these moments so it was really cool. I miss Dan and Don Shula’s offense. It’s been a rough 20 Years watching what has followed. One of the best parts was when Marino explained how Shula forced him to call his own plays in the first year in training camp to learn the playbook quicker. He said it accelerated his learning curve. Oh course he was special and could take advantage of that extra freedom Don game him. Contrast that to today and the shackles that our current coach has on all the QB’s. Also was great to see the all the good the Dan Marino Foundation has done and caused others to spawn the same.

My favorite part was Clayton's quote at the end, speaking about the pass Marino threw him during his HoF induction. Something like, "I thought he was going to throw me a cupcake so he could make sure I caught it -- man, he drilled that ball like we were playing on Sunday."

Love it. Classic Marino. Brought tears to my eyes, thinking back to the command he had over the team, and the faith I always had in him to make the team win when I was growing up in Miami.

As a fan you could put your faith in Marino and he wouldn't let you down.

Last edited:
Boy did he have great feet at pitt
The part with Jason Garret discussing how imposing he was in college...

He really did look like a MAN among boys in that Pitt film...

Still unreal to me, after watching that, these teams all passed on him for the drug related rumors...

Just goes to show that the film never lies, but human beings do....

Back
Top Bottom