A full camp report from this afternoons session | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A full camp report from this afternoons session

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I went to the afternoon practice, and as most know, afterwards I went bass hunting. But I could not make it home right away this time. I had to stop and get some food in North Miami. So this is a little bit late, but since there are a lot of reports going up every dat, I'm not feeling too bad. Then when I get home my phone lines are down.........

I sat at the forty yard line at about 4:15 and about ten minutes later, here comes Drew Rosenhouse. He sat right behind me. He was on the phone with O-Gun. I overheard him say that Harvey Greene had given him some kind of info about his client just a few minutes before in the facility, something like a meeting on Monday! But by the way I herd him talking it seemed that Wally was missing his mates a little. but Drew backed him off by saying man I'm looking out for your best interest man. Then he went on to say that at least there was a little news, and he'd see him Monday.

Just Call me Snoop!!

OK lets sat with the Qb's

I think the coaches are holding Feeley back a little, by letting him throw a lot of the shorter, and underneath passes. And today he did much better. He has a good eye of the field, and lets the plays develop really well. He completed a lot more passes today. One he waited until the last second, and threw a real nice strike to McMichael. I had him completing 13 passes, and I'm sure I could have missed a couple. One pass that really impresses me is his out patterns, they have plenty of zip on them and come in pretty low. I'm watching pretty closely and he almost always throws nice spirals. So although he did not complete any long balls, he threw a heck of a lot better than yesterday. Not a great day but much better than yesterday. I also noticed him looking down at his right leg a lot, and I think he may have tweaked his ankle somehow. Nothing serious at all, but if he did it could be a good reason they did not have him throw a lot of long passes.

Jay Fiedler may not throw a pretty pass, as a matter of fact a lot of times they wabble, but man he connected on two bomb Td passes today, one of them to Robert Newsome, which was a good pass, only Newsome had a chance at it. It was against Mesene Louisdor who had OK coverage, but let his man get behind him without any help near by. The other long pass had some of that wobble to it, and it was thrown a little ahead, but Chris Chambers tracked it down with two guys all over him, and he gobbled it up with ONE hand, the other was being held back. It's very obvious that Fiedler has some timing down with his old mates, he was clicking with McMichael, and Chambers. I had him completing around 13 passes as well today. He did miss a couple of open guys today, especially on that out pattern. But overall not a bad day either.

Sage had the absolute best pass of the day. Willie Johnson took off on a fly pattern and even though he was covered very well, he was just behind the defender, and Sage laid the ball in there, and I swear if it was two inches lower it would have hit the defenders left shoulder. The ball had a perfect spiral, and was placed just perfectly, only to have Johnson drop it. Darn camp fodders!! I don't know but if I were the coaches I would be looking hard at Sage. He's big, he moves pretty good, and he has the best arm on the team. He did not get quite as much work as the other two, and he did throw a couple of bad passes but I still had him completing at least 10 passes today.

How about some Wr's,

McMichael had a real nice practice. He is a Wr playing TE. He had one real sweet catch in heavy traffic, and caught it with one hand, making the crowd raise up, and clap. He and Fiedler were clicking nicely, and he also ran a nice underneath pattern, catching a nice pass from Feeley.

Boston made a nice over the shoulder catch while Banks was covering him. Then the next time they lined up against one another, Boston gave Banks a quick hand check to the mug, and knocked Banks right on his keester. All I know is that opposing teams had best line up their toughest Corner against him. Which means to me, that Chambers might just be salivating the season.

Chambers one handed catch was real sweet, and also had the crowd roaring, and his teammates on the sidelines as well. I had him with three other catches today.

Minnis caught three that I saw, and he may be one of the new crowd favorites! When he gets up and heads back after a catch you can hear the Snoop Snoop rants thruout the crowd.

Kendall Newsome's long TD pass probably drew the loudest crowd noise, and it was real nice, but he also got knocked on his keester by Atkins, with a hand check off the line.

Wilkens played defender real nice on one play, going over the defenders shoulder while knocking down a sure Int thrown by Sage. I believe Banks was the defender.

Thompson had a couple of catches, one being a tough pass from Feeley.

Sammy Morris had a nice run after a catch.

John Jones moves pretty darn good for a big man. I had not see him play all the much but he is listed as the biggest, and fastest of the TE's.

The Rb's

This afternoon the team did more runs than yesterday. Ricky is looking very in shape, but it still sucks trying to find him out there without the dreads.

Sammy Morris is looking real good, catching and running the ball. I like this signing!

And I also like the signing of Fred Russell. It seems that almost every year there is one Rb that caught my eye. I know it's way early but he caught my eye on one run. He went right off LG, up the gut, made one slick move, knocking Winston Taylor right out of his shoes. and poof he was gone. The starting D was on the sidelines, teasing him loud and clear. Russell is a bowling ball type back at near midget size at 5' 7'' but he is lightning quick running a 4.48 forty.

Doug Easlick seems to have decent hands, but I'm not so sure he has a chance.

Another Rb that caught my eye was Renaldo Works. He actually caught my eye yesterday with a couple of real on the move cutbacks, and he did the same today. Except he also missed his hole twice in a row, and was scolded for it. He runs like Leonard Henry IMO.

Jeno James was a little more quiet today, especially after Tony Wise screamed at him for a mistake he made. Wise also told him to get off the line. He took it, held his head down and stepped out of the line. Then Wise looked back, and motioned him back in. He held head down, and was patted on the back on his way back in. Wise was pretty loud today. Once he was by the fence and he was asked by a fan if this line was going to be mean and nasty, and he actually talked with the guy. Or should I say lied to him. He said the line last year was nasty! I was laughing at that one!!

And again this Hadnot dude makes for a huge gap filler in the middle. He made a couple of mistakes today. I could tell because of the way he slapped his helmet, but looks the part of a nasty center. A real large one too. But he will have to work his butt off to be a starter here. McKinney was being real vocal today on the line, making his calls. He's looking pretty comfortable at his normal center spot.

Wade Smith has his hands full with Taylor, and I sure hope his added muscle, plus having to constantly go up against JT is going to help him against his opponents. Because we all know JT can make a lot of Tackles look worse than they are. And he not look so good today.

Greg Jerman drew quite a lot of praise from Wise today, so I'm taking it that he is doing pretty well at RG

Tony Pape gave up a sack to #56. I'm not sure of his name.

OK lets do a quick run of some of the defense.

Jason Taylor had 5 sacks and a batted ball.

Madison sat out

And this new kid, Tony Bua, it he has good football instincts, from what little I've seen, he has that knack to be around the ball. My guess is he will be one of the special teams aces.

Corey Jenkins is lookin real good, and in great shape.

Reggie Howard and Chris Atkins look pretty comfortable already. But the Defensive backs, and the LB's are the units to me that welcome newcomers the most. Howard did get an Int yesterday on a Feeley thrown ball. And Today he was in place of Madison, and hung in there pretty well.

Another one of the rookies caught my eye while they were doing some running plays. Derrick Pope was around the ball pretty good, and he is a lot thicker than Bua, and Banks, and he is just as fast. Looks like some good competition at Lb this year, especially when "lights out" Eddie Moore gets back.

OK sorry for the late report, and please EVERYONE, don't forget that these are only one mans opinion, and they could very well be different from another's. And there is no hitting so take the reports with a GRAIN OF SALT!

And I hope I did not bore you too death....

Peace

Nublar7 said:
I heard that Wade Smith struggled against Taylor, because he hurt his hamstring 3 weeks ago.

Well, he should struggle a little against him, but I'll look a little closer at his walk next time.

Thanks for the heads up

Great report as usual Ozzy. Keep them coming and I will keep reading!. You and the others who are reporting are doing a great service for us fin fans in other parts of the country...and world.

Ozzy, here is the quote from the Sun-Sentinel about Wade Smith:

Defensive end Jason Taylor made life miserable for the quarterbacks in Saturday afternoon's passing drills, but Wannstedt said a major reason for that is left tackle Wade Smith was playing with a sore hamstring initially injured three weeks ago. "Jason isn't that good," Wannstedt said.

Here is the link to the entire story:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolnotes02may02,0,2434471.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Thanks a lot Ozzy. I just got home from work and was looking forward to this. Like you said, is early and no pads but it sounds pretty god so far.BTW, Where is Pape lining up at?

Ozzy rules!!

great report ozzie way to keep all of us up to date on the best team in nfl history

Great report as usual Ozzy...look forward to seeing your future ones.

Ozzy said:
Well, it would surely make some sense, but again, the defense has the total edge when it comes to no pads. Thanks for the link too..

Especially for a speed rusher. I'll wait to see how Wade does when the pads go on and he can start showing if this added muscle helps.

Back
Top Bottom