A good coach adapts to his talent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A good coach adapts to his talent

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I would not be worried about anything if wanny was not our coach, any good coach would adapt to his talent ala shula. I am pretty sure wanny will not be able to do this but what the hell i am going to have to watch anyway, beats pushing the stroller at the mall

Bonedoc7777 said:
I would not be worried about anything if wanny was not our coach, any good coach would adapt to his talent ala shula. I am pretty sure wanny will not be able to do this but what the hell i am going to have to watch anyway, beats pushing the stroller at the mall

Like the Tuna?

Nah, there are good coaches that do both. Trust me if Wanny was to have drafted a Marino like talent like Shu's did he would have changed things up because of that. Before Marino Shu's was very much like Wanny and the Tuna are today. Very conservative HC's that like to win games by defense and rushing the ball.

For me I hope Wanny has a balance here. I think with his conservative approach we should win at least 10 games with this defense. If he lets the offense loose every so often this team could win more games. Wanny has a proven track record of winning 10 plus games each year with his conservative approach. I just hope he tweaks things a lil like he said he is going to do. Only time will tell though.

Oliver...

The main problem with being conservative in the NFL is that you become predictable. If the fins win more than 6 games this year, I'll take back every nasty thing I've ever said about Wanny.

I would just like to see Wanny let the offense loose late in the fourth quarter when you need a score to win the game.

I think there were times last year where he did 'let the offense loose', but if that consists of 3 and outs then it still seems conservative. But I do see where someone could say the team should pass more and be more aggressive while you have the lead. 'Aggressive Conservative' sounds like some BS political term!!! Go for it Wanny!!!!

I think Wanny will slightly adjust from his conservative nature... Not having his safety blanket (Ricky) he knows that he has to devise a offensive scheme that will control the clock an maintain field position.. That being said... We will probably see a modified West Coast type of offense...

Dolphan7 said:
I would just like to see Wanny let the offense loose late in the fourth quarter when you need a score to win the game.

I would like to see the defense play a full four quarters so that we don't need to score late in order to win the game.:mad: I'm tired of seeing our defense take the second half of games off. They have cost us just as many games as the offense has over the past couple of seasons.:shakeno:

The main problem with being conservative in the NFL is that you become predictable. If the fins win more than 6 games this year, I'll take back every nasty thing I've ever said about Wanny.

I think you could take em back in advance. I don't think we will win the super bowl this year, but I do expect atleast 6 victories.

On a sidenote i'd take the tuna over Wanny anyday.

Bonedoc7777 said:
I'll say this, this board was a lot more fun to troll when Dolphins fans were full of arrogance and themselves. I'm not sure I like this new trend of objectivity and humility. It leaves very little room for disappointment. You only lost a RB and a receiver who has never played a down on this team. Come on people, show some excessive pride. If your only goal is to beat the Vegas Over line, the window for useful trolling diminishes to the point of futility. Throw us a bone, we're dying here. ;)

PatriotGOD said:
I'll say this, this board was a lot more fun to troll when Dolphins fans were full of arrogance and themselves. I'm not sure I like this new trend of objectivity and humility. It leaves very little room for disappointment. You only lost a RB and a receiver who has never played a down on this team. Come on people, show some excessive pride. If your only goal is to beat the Vegas Over line, the window for useful trolling diminishes to the point of futility. Throw us a bone, we're dying here. ;)
Yeah, I liked it when the Pats weren't the ultimate over-achievers and knew their place in the AFC (last). Don't worry, the Phins time will come again and the longer we have to wait the sweeter our superbowl victory will be.;)

Lungoystr said:
I would like to see the defense play a full four quarters so that we don't need to score late in order to win the game.:mad: I'm tired of seeing our defense take the second half of games off. They have cost us just as many games as the offense has over the past couple of seasons.:shakeno:
I saw too much last year of our offense taking the second half off. How many times did we go into the half with a lead and not score a damn point in the second half and end up either winning by a thread or losing the game entirely.

Wanny is trying to adjust to his players strenghts. He had a plan to open it up more and throw the ball more with Boston/Chambers and dump it off short to the backs.

Now Boston is hurt and he's trying to reign it in just a touch and throw 3 step drops (poor pass protection) to the TE's over the middle and the backs on wheel routes. He wants speed on his WR's to go dep when the opportunity presents itself.

If that isn't different from last year I don't know what is. Which also seems to me to be coaching to your teams strengths.

Back
Top Bottom