A.J. Feeley: Breakout QB?!?!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A.J. Feeley: Breakout QB?!?!?

One day the offensive system sucks. The next day we have a breakout QB.

Im from hopewell too.

What are the chances?

Scrap said:
One day the offensive system sucks. The next day we have a breakout QB.
now that we cannot rely on Ricky to keep Ds honest we sure as sugar need to rely on the deep ball to CC and Boston IMO to open up the running game and short passing game. So it makes sense to me

Hope Feeley pans out....it could really be good timing for us!

Ive always thought A.J. Feely had what it takes to be a starter in the NFL. He has everything you look for in a pocket passer, now is yalls Offensive Line good enough to give him four seconds? I personally dont think so.

I think it's going to take a little time. He seems to have a similar skill set to Fiedler, though, just with a slightly stronger arm.

I don't see "Breakout" happening, but I sure hope it will.

Well slayer, it can't be as bad as last year's. That's for sure.

We replaced old experienced people with bad knees with young huge athletic hungry people.

You can think of that ranking another way...it means he beat guys like Josh McCown, Tim Rattay, Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, Kyle Boller, Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger, Phil Rivers, Patrick Ramsey, Eli Manning, and Chris Simms.

Those are the names that could be on the list, but aren't.

If he indeed starts,I'm not expecting much from him.

The Ricky thing could be good if he's as talented as we hope...forcing us to throw it more and utilize Chambers and Boston like we've never utilized our WRs before. I mean initially I thought Boston's arrival, even if he acted like a good boy, would not have a great impact because lets face it, its still the run ricky run offense, and there's not enough room for two WRs to have outstanding years. I think Derrius somewhat suffered through that last year. Now we have to throw it a lot, and one thing I noticed about AJ Feeley in Philadelphia was he definitely can throw to those WRs and utilize guys that use their body and jumping ability to catch balls. Chambers and Boston have that going for them.

minus said:
If he indeed starts,I'm not expecting much from him.

I'm not surprised, buddy. You're keeping the love alive for Fiedler, and that's cool. If he truly has regained some of his pre-thumb-injury touch, as some reports have suggested, he could be valuable under Trestman's tutelage.

But realistically, if Feeley catches up on the learning curve, I'm guessing he'll supplant Fiedler by the start of the season.

Back
Top Bottom