A lot Riding on Feeley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A lot Riding on Feeley

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just think about how much is riding on A.J. Feeley's success this year

1) OWNER - Straight from the top, Wayne compares Feeley to Marino. Message from Wayne is....."This kid better be good - your jobs depend on it."

2) GENERAL MANAGER - Rick has done a wonderful job at upgrading the Dolphins personnel, but his final grade this year will be based on the success of A.J. Feeley and his success, or lack thereof. If A.J. can't cut it - Rick looks bad.

3) HEAD COACH - Dave is still in love with Fiedler, but Jay is too often injured and hasn't produced - he's also on the wrong side of 30. The team invested a lot in AJ and he needs to coach him up. If Fiedler wins the starting position Wanny will be questioned, blamed, and ridiculed every single interception Fiedler throws and every game he loses.

4) QB COACH - Marc Trestman was booed out of Oakland and returns to his home turf to reestablish his career and reputation as a QB guru. If he can't coach up Feeley he will look bad. Don't forget Trestman, a former Offensive Coordinator, was passed up for the job here for the sole purpose of upgrading the QB spot.

5) MEDIA AND FANS - If Fiedler wins the starting job - look out. The fans and media will be all over Wanny and Jay-Boy. They will ridiculed, questioned, second-guessed and roundly booed everytime something goes wrong - even when things don't go wrong.

Obviously, winning cures everything and if Wanny wins with Fiedler, especially if he takes the Dolphins deep into the playoffs - tensions will ease. But if we start off with Fiedler, this will be a very tense season from the beginning.

My bad

#4 - Trestman was passed up for our Offensive Coordinator job so he be the QB guru.

There is a lot riding om the whole organization. Yes, there is a lot riding on the shoulders of Feeley...that is why he got 3 million. Now time to go earn it.

And you didn't even mention his girlfriend!! :cp:
Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Your getting ahead of yourself.Your scenerio would make sense if Fiedler didn't return.I didn't like the desicion Rick took by acquiring Feeley but it doesn't mean Feeley will be a failure if he doesn't start this year.

I never said Feeley would be a failure. What I said is that a lot is riding on Feeley's success - the fans will be angry, additional pressure on Fiedler and Wanny. Wanny will be on an even shorter leash and possibly Rick if the Dolphins stick with Fiedler. Can you hear it now...same old sh!+, the Dolphin stuck with Jay-Boy and look what happened we're out of the playoffs again. Fans will chant for Feeley the way they did for Lucas and Griese last year because they want anyone without the last name Fiedler. Believe me, a lot is riding on Feeley's success. As I mentioned, if Wanny sticks with Fiedler - he must win and win big because the media and fans will be extremely critical and extremely impatient.

FinFan57 said:
5) MEDIA AND FANS - If Fiedler wins the starting job - look out. The fans and media will be all over Wanny and Jay-Boy. They will ridiculed, questioned, second-guessed and roundly booed everytime something goes wrong - even when things don't go wrong.

I don't agree here....

If Fiedler wins the starting job, it will be because he earned it, and because he gives us the best chance to win. I don't think the fans really care who our starting QB will be at this point, as long as it's the best man for the job...

If Feeley doesn't look ready to start, and they give him the starting job just for the sake of saving face, it will look even worse in the media's eye IMO....

Right now, I'm more excited to see Fiedler win the starting position. With the OL improvements, QB coach addition, and added WR's, this could be the year we finally get to see the best Fielder has to offer. M. Trestman did wonders for Gannon while in Oakland, and if he can do that for Fielder in Miami, he'll be a much better QB as a result...

PHINZ RULE!!!! :D

I don't think you're being very realistic BLITZKRIEG. After 2 seasons out of the playoffs and this year's unbelievable offseason, the natives are restless. Fiedler was very unpopular to begin with and the pressure will be even greater this year. Everyone will wonder why Feeley wasn't ready and every time Fiedler screws up, the chants for Feeley will be very loud.

FinFan57 said:
I don't think you're being very realistic BLITZKRIEG. After 2 seasons out of the playoffs and this year's unbelievable offseason, the natives are restless. Fiedler was very unpopular to begin with and the pressure will be even greater this year. Everyone will wonder why Feeley wasn't ready and every time Fiedler screws up, the chants for Feeley will be very loud.

As someone already stated, it all comes down to one thing....

WINNING. :D

If Fielder is starting, and we're winning, I don't see any problems with the fans complaining, even if Fielder does have some screw ups. It isn't our decision who starts and who sits. The coaches are expected to make the correct decision, and as long as they choose the player who is the "best opition", I don't have a problem with it....

PS. I'm one of those natives. ;)

PHINZ RULE!! :cool:

FinFan57 said:
Obviously, winning cures everything and if Wanny wins with Fiedler, especially if he takes the Dolphins deep into the playoffs - tensions will ease. But if we start off with Fiedler, this will be a very tense season from the beginning.
Wannstedt take a team deep into the playoffs? LOL, when hell has hard freeze warnings maybe, this guy has only made the playoffs 3 out of 10 years and he's 0-10 in getting deep into the playoffs.......the magic 8-ball says "not likely"................

DW has done nothing, he is an average coach at best. He is too conservative , makes bad game time decisions. It´s afraid to take risks.

gordolphin said:
DW has done nothing, he is an average coach at best. He is too conservative , makes bad game time decisions. It´s afraid to take risks.

I will notify the front office of your concerns!
:cooldude:

NoOffense said:
Wannstedt take a team deep into the playoffs? LOL, when hell has hard freeze warnings maybe, this guy has only made the playoffs 3 out of 10 years and he's 0-10 in getting deep into the playoffs.......the magic 8-ball says "not likely"................

I think we've heard a thousand times that making the tackle or kick that would have won the one game needed to make a playoff run isn't exactly all the coaches fault. He may have something to do with winning season after winning season...the lucks just not there. It does take a little luck to win the super bowl after all.

Not making the tackle and missing the kicks directly stems from the coaches/gms. Its due to lack of preparation, leadership, and or having players that physically can't due the job.

Back
Top Bottom