A mistake in "correcting our problems" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A mistake in "correcting our problems"

Sagat_Igott

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For 4 years now i've heard Dave say during post game conferences "we will look at the film and correct our mistakes". And it seems to me that they are committing a mistake within that thinking. They watch mistakes committed during that game and opponent and seem to not realize that the upcoming opponent may have a completely different philosophy and style of play that even correcting the mistakes made during last weeks game will not be sufficient for next weeks game.
Plus, there seems to be an interminable amount of errors made every single game that by focusing on those faults during the week will cause them to miss certain details regarding their next opponent. It's probably a little more complicated than that but you guys get the jist of it?

Sagat_Igott said:
For 4 years now i've heard Dave say during post game conferences "we will look at the film and correct our mistakes". And it seems to me that they are committing a mistake within that thinking. They watch mistakes committed during that game and opponent and seem to not realize that the upcoming opponent may have a completely different philosophy and style of play that even correcting the mistakes made during last weeks game will not be sufficient for next weeks game.
Plus, there seems to be an interminable amount of errors made every single game that by focusing on those faults during the week will cause them to miss certain details regarding their next opponent. It's probably a little more complicated than that but you guys get the jist of it?
true enough, but don't you think the next opponent will be watching that same game film to see where we made our mistakes so they themselves can try and exploit us the same way the next week? You want to make sure you eliminate those game losing turnovers or penalties so trying to fix the mistakes on your last game is not always going to be a waste of time...

Just more coachspeak and cliches............they do repeat many mistakes though!

Back
Top Bottom