A MORAL Victory for the Patriots? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A MORAL Victory for the Patriots?

Deof Movestofca

Jests, Patsies, & Jills Hater Supreme
Reaction score
Earth (at least that's my story and I'm sticking t
When character counts, Patriots still the best
Thanks to the example set by their coach, Bill Belichick, I have never heard any of them denigrate an opposing team nor the chances for their success. They have approached every game with humility and respect for the other teams. Due to their talent and some luck, they played without a loss in the regular season, bringing them to the Super Bowl.I guess it was their record and their outlook that made them not only the envy of many but also the target for vindictive comments meant to create a hostile atmosphere for the big game. So, when their appearance in the Super Bowl was near, the media had to insert some degree of controversy. They went to great lengths to create a Patriots "swagger" when they could not find it in the team nor its coaches.
Is there anyone besides me that's not buying this?

They couldn't find anything huh? I guess the whole spygate incident never happened and Bill somehow turned into a nice guy after being a jerk for so long. That does sound stupid doesn't it. So I guess I must go with you and say I'm not buying it :)

However, their immediate reply after the game was one in which they gave the credit for the win to the Giants and their performance of the day. They made no excuses but took the stinging defeat with pride in their overall season record and compliments to the team that had just crushed their dream season.

are you kidding me?!?!?!? after the game i sure didn't hear bellichick give the giants any credit at all! he didnt say congrats to them for winning and playing a great game, nothing at all!!!

took the defeat with pride??? how so? their coach walked off the field before the game was over!!

what a pathetic piece of writing this was... im sure this guy still goes to bed every night and wraps himself in his new england patriots blanket and cries his eyes out. what a joke..

"We're only gonna score 17 points, huh? Is Plex gonna be playing defense?"
Most humble and respectful statement of the century...

are you kidding me?!?!?!? after the game i sure didn't hear bellichick give the giants any credit at all! he didnt say congrats to them for winning and playing a great game, nothing at all!!!

took the defeat with pride??? how so? their coach walked off the field before the game was over!!

what a pathetic piece of writing this was... im sure this guy still goes to bed every night and wraps himself in his new england patriots blanket and cries his eyes out. what a joke..

You guys are a joke sometimes. The Patriots ALWAYS give the opponent the most respect and all the credit in the world. Brady said only 17? What was he going to say "17? WELL I WAS THINKING 7 OR 3 BUT 17?? ALL HAIL 17!" You guys act like Tom went out said it all pissed off and then insulted Plaxico's mother. It's one thing to root for your Dolphins and hate a division rival but its another to make up things. Also Belichick DID walk over to Coughlin and actually HUGGED him, so get off that.

Comments from Patriots coach Bill Belichick following Super Bowl XLII:
On the game
"Congratulations to the Giants. They made some plays there at the end and we didn't. It's disappointing
."

Comments from QB Tom Brady following Super Bowl XLII:
On this thoughts
"It is just unfortunate that tonight turned out the way it did. The Giants certainly deserve it. They're a great football team. As difficult as it is for us, you've got to hand it to them. They made more plays than we did."

"We're only gonna score 17 points, huh? Is Plex gonna be playing defense?"
Most humble and respectful statement of the century...

This was in response to a remark by the opposing saying they'll win 23-17, so which one is more humble and respectful? Stop nitpicking on Tom Brady.

Yeah the finger eye gouge was really respectful in the first Giants/Pats game. Rodney Harrison has always been considered to be the epitomy of class. How many people called Seymour a dirty player? Bunch of low lifes

Yeah the finger eye gouge was really respectful in the first Giants/Pats game. Rodney Harrison has always been considered to be the epitomy of class. How many people called Seymour a dirty player? Bunch of low lifes
I would just use the word "Smug" when describing the Patriots and their fans (most of them)...Do they give out board material ?? no..but that sure doesnt make them "humble" looks to me like they finally choked on that "humble pie" they had been eating all year (what a joke that was).

Superbowl players with a criminal record...

Pats 8, Giants 0

Let's make it 9 now that Willie Anderson is dealing pot. Their clean, good guy image is no longer bought by the public. They have been exposed and it ain't pretty.

Superbowl players with a criminal record...

Pats 8, Giants 0

Let's make it 9 now that Willie Anderson is dealing pot. Their clean, good guy image is no longer bought by the public. They have been exposed and it ain't pretty.

You got a source? I HIGHLY doubt theres a team without a player with a criminal record.

It was on ESPN radio the week leading up to the Superbowl.

Oh really? Then whats this?

In July 2004, after he joined the Virginia football team as a cornerback but before he enrolled for his freshman year, Bradshaw was arrested for underage possession of alcohol and resisting arrest. Virginia dismissed him from the team.

Bradshaw walked on at Marshall and became one of the nation’s most productive running backs. He was arrested in January 2006 for stealing a PlayStation 2 video game system from another student’s unlocked dormitory room. He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor petty larceny after prosecutors dropped a felony burglary charge, and was placed on two years’ probation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/13/sports/football/13giants.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

New York Giants backup defensive end Adrian Awasom was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving by Arizona state police early Friday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22956562/

Steelers wide receiver Plaxico Burress was arrested early Saturday on a charge of public intoxication in Virginia Beach, Va.

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/20020515steelers0515p3.asp

Droughns was arrested for operating a vehicle while under the influence early Tuesday, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol. Droughns is set to appear in Medina County Municipal Court on Nov. 4. He faces an administrative license suspension

http://www.footballdiehards.com/NewsMain.cfm?NewsIndex=1552

OXFORD, Miss. (AP) -- Mississippi freshman quarterback Eli Manning was jailed briefly after his arrest last weekend for public drunkenness.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-24827555.html

And this was only after searching about 15 players. Please spin this some more to fit your story. Also, please post more bashing about the New England Patriots like that somehow validates your false point that the Giants had 0 players with an arrest record on their roster.

Back
Top Bottom