A new JEST cancer : Revis skips Jets' OTA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new JEST cancer : Revis skips Jets' OTA

alexwr4

Starter
Reaction score
1. No it's not the beginning of a lockerroom cancer because players hold out all the time.
2. What does this have to do with the Miami Dolphins?

........and why is this being posted again today. Old news here!!!!!!!!

I don't see it as a cancer either. As much as we may want it to be it really isn't.

1. No it's not the beginning of a lockerroom cancer because players hold out all the time.
2. What does this have to do with the Miami Dolphins?

Any Jets bad news is always Dolphins news! HAHA!!!

dude is only getting 1mil per year. I'd be a little upset also if I was "considered" the best.

When your coach is calling you the best defensive player on the planet, you are going to want to be paid like it. I see no big deal, he missed a vol. workout.

He is not a CANCER. This is the business side of football, Asomugha is making 30x his salary. He is grossly underpaid and deserves a new contract. The real cancer is the Jets front office not making him the highest paid DB in the league already. But hey, they are only hurting themselves because of all the signings this year; they are trying to hold out till 2011 for some of these previous contracts to be fulfilled before they can go ahead and sign Revis to a new contract.

JT was there I'm sure...wouldn't miss his chance to be on Hard Knocks.

dude is only getting 1mil per year. I'd be a little upset also if I was "considered" the best.

He got huge guaranteed money, that $1 mil is misleading. If the new CBA was in place I think he and Mangold would be signed but either eay I expect it to happen sooner rather than later. I'm not worried...YET.

i can't find it but one article somewhere about it mentioned several jets drafted players who weren't very happy with all the jet money spent on free agents.

i can't find it but one article somewhere about it mentioned several jets drafted players weren't very happy with all the jet money spent on free agents.

That would be odd since we didn't spend much on FAs this year. Just 2 small signings-Taylor and LT

Holmes and Cromartie were trades and we didn't give them extensions.

I think the article you are referring to was about the core guys being upset they haven't gotten new deals yet BUT none of them are up for FA so they shouldn't have expected a new deal yet.

I totally agree, the JEST should give him the money he deserves, but in the mean time, maybe this could be a problem inside the locker room..., don´t u think?

That would be odd since we didn't spend much on FAs this year. Just 2 small signings-Taylor and LT

Holmes and Cromartie were trades and we didn't give them extensions.

I think the article you are referring to was about the core guys being upset they haven't gotten new deals yet BUT none of them are up for FA so they shouldn't have expected a new deal yet.

I think this might be the one? I don't know enough about the Jets to know how true it is.

"Revis is reportedly telling friends that the Jets have broken promises to him and are doing the same thing that they've done to players like Pete Kendall, Chris Baker, Laveranues Coles and Leon Washington, all of whom departed the Jets after acrimonious contract negotiations."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/03/revis-described-as-furious-could-skip-training-camp/

Back
Top Bottom