A new spin on the Feeley/Fiedler situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new spin on the Feeley/Fiedler situation

taylorj99

Starter
Reaction score
First, let me point out that since Fiedler's been the starter, he's never had a legitimate threat to take his job. He's also been booed. Booed so much that people wanted Ray Lucas to start, then Brian Griese. Neither took his job, and who's still here. He took a pay cut. And for his troubles they bring in yet another QB who's supposed to take his job.

Here's my spin. The FO is and has been trying to find a replacement for Fiedler. They haven't been successfull thus far. But it seems to me that just the thought of someone else's third stringer coming in to take my job would motivate me. So it's just that, a ploy to see how Fiedler responds. Unless Feeley's head and shoulders better than Fiedler come opening day, Fiedler starts. Historically, both QB's have had better numbers coming in after the starter went down with injury. So ideally, Fiedler starts the first five games. Because he's so scared to lose the job, he plays phenomenal goes 5-0 then he gets an ankle sprain and Feeley comes in, he goes 3-1 and is named the starter. Week 11 we get routed by Seattle, and Wannstedt then renames Fiedler the starter for the remainder of the regular season. He goes 4-2 to finish out the season, but loses two of the last three and we barely beat Cleveland. We still make the playoffs, but now Feeley's back at the helm with something to prove. He marches us all the way to the SB where he goes down in the first drive with a separated shoulder. Fiedler comes in goes 14-15 for 230 yds and 2 tds, Ricky has 130 and a TD, and Jason Taylor runs in a fumble recovery, caused by a svelt Larry Chester, for a TD. Fiedler is named MVP.

I take it you woke up after Fiedler was named MVP.

I didn't know we were playing fantasy land... :rolleyes:

Keep your stupid smilies to yourself. I'm painting a different picture with the paint provided.

Should "Fielder" and "MVP" ever be used in the same sentence? I don't think so...sounds like another one to file in the "Fiedler apologist" catagory...

AggieFin21 said:
Should "Fielder" and "MVP" ever be used in the same sentence? I don't think so...sounds like another one to file in the "Fiedler apologist" catagory...

here's a sentence for you...Jay "Fiedler" will never win the "MVP" award...

you give up a 2nd rd for a 'ploy' and pay him millions to motivate Fiedler ? :lol:

you give up a 2nd rd for a 'ploy' and pay him millions to motivate Fiedler ? :lol:

Yeah, and I'd draft a unproven, ****y QB in the first round to motivate my "PRO BOWL QB".

Fiedler isn't starting. Feeley is going to start. It's Spielman's first big move after he took over gm and they gave up a second for him. Trust me, he isn't going to sit the bench.

I don't believe we spent a second round pick for him to sit on the bench either, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Trust me, he isn't going to sit the bench.

On the other hand, I'll just take YOUR word for it. Since you said "trust me" and all, you must have some secret link to the organization, that provides you with insider information that you're so generously willing to share.

taylorj99 said:
Yeah, and I'd draft a unproven, ****y QB in the first round to motivate my "PRO BOWL QB".
I that what you think the bills did? :lol:

taylorj99 said:
If the shoe fits...
Give up a 2nd and pay the guy 2 million to motivate Fiedler. I don't think Spielman is that stupid. Notice how no one here agreed w/ you?

Back
Top Bottom