A non-Ricky question...Fieldler? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A non-Ricky question...Fieldler?

TheMadCap

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello Fishies,

Life-long football fan here, and even though I am technically the enemy (Bills fan and all) I have many, many friends who are die hard Dolphin fans, and they are all good guys. I hope that we can have intellegent conversations about football, I am not a "troll" and will never make inappropriate comments about your team, or anyone else here in your forums (after all, we are not Pats fans for cryin out loud :lol: ).

My question is why are people so down on Fiedler? He has a great record of winning, especially against the Bills. Just wanted to get the scoop from fans of the team. What is it about the guy that you don't like??

TheMadCap said:
Hello Fishies,

Life-long football fan here, and even though I am technically the enemy (Bills fan and all) I have many, many friends who are die hard Dolphin fans, and they are all good guys. I hope that we can have intellegent conversations about football, I am not a "troll" and will never make inappropriate comments about your team, or anyone else here in your forums (after all, we are not Pats fans for cryin out loud :lol: ).

My question is why are people so down on Fiedler? He has a great record of winning, especially against the Bills. Just wanted to get the scoop from fans of the team. What is it about the guy that you don't like??

That's kind of funny. Being that the majority of the smack talk here is from Bills fans. The Bills fans registered to these boards far surpass other division rivals as well. But regardless, you seem like a good guy. So welcome to the boards.

I really can't answer your Fiedler question. I am one of the few Dol Fans who support Fiedler. At least until we make a serious effort to get someone better in here. Obviously, now we have another huge gap to fill. And right now I think most fans are worried about who our running-back is going to be. All the Fiedler/Feeley talk has really died down, since the Ricky Williams tradgedy.

Do a search of any of the "Fiedler sucks" threads and you'll find the reasons catalogued for you.

When you look up average in the dictionary Jay Fiedler's picture is there. He's won because he's had a good team around him. With a stud QB we could have been Super Bowl bound at least a few times.

LIQUID24 said:
The only good thing about the Ricky situation was no more Feeley/Fiedler threads for a while....
oh, now you said it, im off to make one. its been too long.:tongue: jk

Hi.

I'm one of the 50/50 guys here. I don't hate the guy, but I do think we could use a new QB. Anyway, what most people don't like about him is his weak arm and innacurate passing.

Dolphinizzle said:
That's kind of funny. Being that the majority of the smack talk here is from Bills fans. The Bills fans registered to these boards far surpass other division rivals as well. But regardless, you seem like a good guy. So welcome to the boards.
Interesting, not surprising in light of the dreaded "0 for the 70's". Our biggest trolls are NE fans.

Thanks for the welcome guys, and I'll be hanging around, there is not much football talk in the offseason, so I have to travel to other boards to get my fix.

Nothing really wrong with Fiedler. He is just average that's all. Maybe a better coach would have made him a better player.

I disagree with Fiedler being average. He rides his defense to victory or defeat every week. You could blame all of his interceptions (at the absolute most critical moments) on the O-line, the receivers...whoever. You all might be forgetting his short tenure with the Minn. Vikes. I think he played maybe one game off the bench and threw an interception. His inacuracy is no fluke. Changes need to be made at QB. The D has only improved since the days of Marino, and still, this team gets between eight and eleven wins every year--that's wildcard material, at best. Arguably the (former) best RB in the game joined up with this team two years ago, and the trend did not change. It's not the RB, it's not the D. Process of elimination: It's the O-line's fault or a problem at QB.

Back
Top Bottom