A Potential interest at WR... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Potential interest at WR...

killswitch

engage
Reaction score
there's speculation that David Terrell (WR Bears) may be a June 1st cut. I wouldn't be against bringing him him to compete for a roster spot with Thompson, Minnis, Tolver, Simmons, Newson, Bellamy, etc. what do u guys think?

He hasn't done squat in Chicago, but it couldn't hurt to bring him in. Some receivers take a few years to hit their stride. Only for the minimum salary though.

I can't say I know a great deal about David Terrell, but because his production has been so poor in Chicago, I am highly skeptical. Do we really need another ego guy?

Terrell was a big time college player, 1st round pick, and Chicago made him a millionaire. If he didn't make it there, we don't need him. We need a hard-working blue collar 3rd receiver who simply knows how to get open and make catches. Let's face it Gadsden was a great example of the type of guy we need - unselfish and productive. The 3rd receiver should be a move-the-chains, make the tough catch receiver who is not flashy, just productive.

FinFan57 said:
I can't say I know a great deal about David Terrell, but because his production has been so poor in Chicago, I am highly skeptical. Do we really need another ego guy?

Terrell was a big time college player, 1st round pick, and Chicago made him a millionaire. If he didn't make it there, we don't need him. We need a hard-working blue collar 3rd receiver who simply knows how to get open and make catches. Let's face it Gadsden was a great example of the type of guy we need - unselfish and productive. The 3rd receiver should be a move-the-chains, make the tough catch receiver who is not flashy, just productive.

I guess it is too bad then that Gadsen was the poster boy for greed last year. He even went as far as to wear clothing with a little logo that said worker #87 or something along those lines. No doubt he was talented and hard nosed, but to say he wasn't greedy is a bit of a stretch in my mind.

Samphin said:
I guess it is too bad then that Gadsen was the poster boy for greed last year. He even went as far as to wear clothing with a little logo that said worker #87 or something along those lines. No doubt he was talented and hard nosed, but to say he wasn't greedy is a bit of a stretch in my mind.

Agreed. O.G's going to be remembered for his great catches, lack of any speed and wanting more money then he was worth.

hello all i am new to this forum,as far as bringing in a reciever i dont like the idea,look at the history of bringing in f/a recievers.has any of them panned out ?i for one am calling for a long shot (carl morris)6'3 213 and only 23 years old.i dont know if any of you follow nfl europe but this guy looks good,he is second in yards recieving,the guy can play and i just hope he gets a chance with the dolphins to prove me right.

Complete and total bust. After three years, he still hasn't cracked the starting lineup on his own.

'01: 34-415-4
'02: 9-127-3 (5 games)
'03: 43-361-1
Career 10.5 ypc

Bears | May Release Terrell After June 1 - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 16 May 2004 09:03:02 -0700

Jeff Duncan, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports the Chicago Bears may release WR David Terrell after June 1. Terrell, a former first-round pick in 2001, has failed to perform up to expectations during his brief NFL career.

i dont think that we need to address the wr position in fa. we took a chance with boston and we need to see if he pans out. if we felt that we needed another wr we should have done it in the later rounds of the draft and saved ourselves cap space in only having to come up with later round rookie salary. if we sign a fa wr, we are lookin at a decent signing bonus and cap issues. plus, we have some good prospects at wr, i.e., simmons, toliver and minnis.

if anything, we should see whats available at ol. we can never be to deep in our line. our rick should be patient, and see what june 1 brings us as dar as up front help.

as for boston, i have no doubt that he is gonna work out. we have a lot of weapons on O, and i think that feeley is gonna pan out better than anyone of us imnagined

I don't see enough promise from David Terrell to warant his signing. Quite frankly, when you put him up against the guys we already have, he's just not good enough to stand above most of them for a position. It seems that there will be better moves for us

Terrell also has had to endure a lack of consistancy at QB while in Chicago. Can you name a WR who has had any real success in Chicago? I however think we are stocked WR by now, epecially after the draft it seems the FO doesnt want to add another WR to the mix. But if one of our WRs doesnt pan out(Boston), I think hes worth a shot.

Bodzilla29 said:
cough.....Marty Booker.....cough
Ask that same question this time next year, and you'll mention my boy Justin Gage. ;)

Back
Top Bottom