A program in turmoil | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A program in turmoil

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
For followers of the prestigious Trojans football program, the identity of the alleged culprit was nothing short of shocking: Mark Sanchez, USC's affable, curly-haired, golden-boy quarterback long ago hailed as the next Matt Leinart.

Less than three weeks earlier, the redshirt freshman was basking in the glory of an impressive performance in his first USC spring game. (He started in place of injured junior John David Booty.) On Wednesday afternoon he was being led away in handcuffs to a downtown detention center where he submitted DNA and hair samples, according to the Los Angeles Daily News, and was released early Thursday after posting a $200,000 bail, according to the Los Angles Times.

For Trojans fans, the disturbing news comes as something of a double whammy, fresh on the heels of a mini-scandal involving 2005 Heisman winner Reggie Bush. But there's a big difference. While the Bush saga has received national attention due to his status as the likely No. 1 pick in this weekend's draft, the story isn't nearly as salacious as it's been presented. As best as one can surmise from the details available, an aspiring sports marketer leased a house in San Diego to Bush's parents in hopes of landing Bush as a client. He failed and is now going public with the dirty details. Bush and his family have denied any wrongdoing. This wasn't Leigh Steinberg or Drew Rosenhaus giving out $100 handshakes in the USC locker room.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/04/28/usc.sanchez/index.html

The walls are crumbling like jericho. I cant believe this.

USC is completely collapsing. Pete Carroll should've gotten out while he could.

USC is going to win the Pac 10 this year....bet the house on it.

LtDan said:
The cheerleaders could start on the o-line and they would win that weak conference. that is a real stretch of a bet

Man, if I was a defensive lineman and a cheerleader lined up against me...oh, the possibilities :drool:

HysterikiLL said:
Man, if I was a defensive lineman and a cheerleader lined up against me...oh, the possibilities :drool:

piling on would take on new meaning

Well it's kinda hard to say that a team is collapsing and in "turmoil" when they're still a lock to win their conference and get big time money and publicity in a BCS bowl or even the national title game.

I was listening to Sporting News radio this afternoon and they were saying Pete Carroll is going to be looking for any vacancies in the NFL as soon as possible. Hope he goes back to the Jets or Pats where he sucked. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom