A quick look at the East next year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A quick look at the East next year...

Akronfinfan36

Please win another title before I die
Reaction score
Absolutely no reason we can't win it again next year...

Us - Alot of young players now with one full season under their belts, plus a taste of the playoffs. Three draft selections in first 64.

Pats - As usual, they'll be right there, albeit with an aging defense. We'll split with them.

Jets - Franchise is in a complete state of disarray. Kellen Clemens is starter. We sweep them.

Bills - Still unsettled at QB; we've demonstrated an ability to shut down Lynch consistently. Jauron not a playoff caliber coach. We sweep them as well.

That's it...I'm out.

I see us sweeping the Jets and Bills as well as long as we play @ Buffalo before November. A 5-1 divison record is very possible.

Making predictions an hour after losing by 18, ludicrous predictions might I add, makes little sense.

:)

Making predictions an hour after losing by 18, ludicrous predictions might I add, makes little sense.

:)

What, in your mind, DOES make sense right now? Would you rather sit around and feel sorry for yourself because you're a Dolphin fan and lament that we got spanked by the best defense in the league?

I've been a Dolphin fan for 30 years, and I haven't felt this good about the future of this team in a LONG time.

Quit feeling sorry for yourself.

No sense in throwing a pity party. There s/b no looking back other than to learn from the mistakes which Sparano will do.

The one positive I see from today is that kickoff/punt coverage wasn't a complete disaster which was the phins most frequent and common Achilles heel this season.

What, in your mind, DOES make sense right now? Would you rather sit around and feel sorry for yourself because you're a Dolphin fan and lament that we got spanked by the best defense in the league?

I've been a Dolphin fan for 30 years, and I haven't felt this good about the future of this team in a LONG time.

Quit feeling sorry for yourself.
I think that what he meant was that a LOT can change between now and the beginning of next season. There will be a lot of changes among all the east teams, so you can't look at our opponents now and know what to expect come week 1.

I think that what he meant was that a LOT can change between now and the beginning of next season. There will be a lot of changes among all the east teams, so you can't look at our opponents now and know what to expect come week 1.

Good point...I guess I was adopting an 'all things being equal' mentality. However, while the other teams in the East will likely upgrade their talent to some degree, I feel that we're in the driver's seat...certainly in terms of draft selections and cap room.

sweeping the jets??? LOL, you guys will be 8-8 at best with a first place schedule. As far as clemmons being our QB, thats not even certain...the jets have some of the best talent in the league.
7 pro bowl players to what? 2 fish??? You guys are funny...

sweeping the jets??? LOL, you guys will be 8-8 at best with a first place schedule. As far as clemmons being our QB, thats not even certain...the jets have some of the best talent in the league.

All that money spent by the jest and where are they? That's right; They started their offseason before Miami did. :D

I won't be biased and say Brett Ratliff is the green weenies best QB. I personally like Erik Ainge.

And the Jets did what with "some of the best talent in the league"?

Your franchise is beginning a journey in the wrong direction, my friend...and a home loss to the Dolphins in the last game of the season started the descent...It's hard to deal with, isn't it?

i actually knew the jets would lose that game to the fish...Favre was horrendus.
I was rooting for chad since he's my fav player of alltime...a real class act. But he cant beat a great defense, and never will.
But with the jets getting some new blood next year, we could be very scary....dont be surprised if the jets win 12-13 games next year.

But with the jets getting some new blood next year, we could be very scary....dont be surprised if the jets win 12-13 games next year.

So, the jest get a mulligan this yr?

Only one team who plays their home games in the Meadowlands has a chance of winning that many next yr and they won't be wearing green.

Well, I'd be very surprised. You don't know who your coach will be, you don't know who your starting QB will be (or if he's even on the roster), and you don't know what you'll do in FA or the draft. The potential of each of the teams in the AFCE is a tight race right now and I'm not taking anything for granted... except that the jets won't go 13-3.

I will say this . . . to win this division, we will have to atleast go 4-2.

Too early for this tho.

Back
Top Bottom