A quick look at the East next year... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A quick look at the East next year...

Chad has an excuse. We were supposedly in a rebuilding year, and he took us farther than any of us could have imagined at the beginning of the season. You guys were supposed to win now.

Yeah but the thing I don't get with Dolphin fans is you say how you are rebuilding and the Jets were suppose to win now(even though we were 4-12 last year) but in the NFL today you see quick turnarounds. The Dolphins main guys aren't even young!!! Ronnie Brown is 27 years old, Pennington 32 years old, Ricky 31, Holliday 33, Ferguson 34, AKin 29, Porter 31, Allen and Gooden both 30, Bell 30.

Sure you got some nice young guys, but you were able to get them in 1 offseason. So can every other team so its pointless to put down a team before they made any moves. Because we see it happen all the time nowadays with quick turnarounds. Jets go from 4-12 to 10-6 to 4-12 to 9-7.

Absolutely no reason we can't win it again next year...

Us - Alot of young players now with one full season under their belts, plus a taste of the playoffs. Three draft selections in first 64.

Pats - As usual, they'll be right there, albeit with an aging defense. We'll split with them.

Jets - Franchise is in a complete state of disarray. Kellen Clemens is starter. We sweep them.

Bills - Still unsettled at QB; we've demonstrated an ability to shut down Lynch consistently. Jauron not a playoff caliber coach. We sweep them as well.

That's it...I'm out.

Sweep us? When was the last time you did that. But thats in the past so I guess it could happen. I just dont see how you can come up with that. The Dolphins are not exactly world beaters.

Also Clemens isnt our QB. Ratliff is most likely the next guy in line.

Here's my quick analysis...

Bills - They did good draftin Mckelvin in the first round last year. I see him making big plays this year on special teams. Signing TO was daring, but might pay off big time. Lee evans was double teamed a lot, and now the focus moves to Owens. They could be tough.

Jets - They will be a more defensive minded team. They might not have a very good QB, but he got a year to learn behind one of the greatest in Favre, so they should be ok, I could see them drafting a qb also.

Pats - Don't really have anything interesting to say here. They're still really good no matter who plays QB.

Fins - We will continue to get better. We will be better performance-wise, but not record-wise (although, it would be awesome if we were,) due to the tough schedule. We have a lot of young talent that will continue to get better, and we could challenge for the division again.

Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith our on 1st and 10 on ESPN right now. Steven A picked the Pats 1st, Bills 2nd, and said the Dolphins were a one year wonder and would be battling it out for last place. Steven A should stick to basketball, and his NY Knicks.

Us - Alot of young players now with one full season under their belts, plus a taste of the playoffs. Three draft selections in first 64.

Pats - As usual, they'll be right there, albeit with an aging defense. We'll split with them.

Jets - Franchise is in a complete state of disarray. Kellen Clemens is starter. We sweep them.

Bills - Still unsettled at QB; we've demonstrated an ability to shut down Lynch consistently. Jauron not a playoff caliber coach. We sweep them as well.

That's it...I'm out.

"Franchise is in a complete state of disarray"?:lol2:

Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith our on 1st and 10 on ESPN right now. Steven A picked the Pats 1st, Bills 2nd, and said the Dolphins were a one year wonder and would be battling it out for last place. Steven A should stick to basketball, and his NY Knicks.

So dumb to make any predictions before the draft. Too many things could change. But the though of TO and Evans does make me really excited.

So dumb to make any predictions before the draft. Too many things could change. But the though of TO and Evans does make me really excited.

What about the part of Trent Edwards throwing to them? Does that excite you too? I know it excites me.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the part of Trent Edwards throwing to them? Does that excite you too? I know it excites me.

Sure it does. A 3rd year QB who finally doesn't have Josh Reed and Robert Royal as his primary targets. Besides the Titans and Fins, we probably had the worst receiving core in football last year.

Edwards is gonna surprise a lot of people this year. not saying playoffs, but it should be a very enjoyable season.

Sure it does. A 3rd year QB who finally doesn't have Josh Reed and Robert Royal as his primary targets. Besides the Titans and Fins, we probably had the worst receiving core in football last year.

Edwards is gonna surprise a lot of people this year. not saying playoffs, but it should be a very enjoyable season.

Okay, I can give you that. We'll have to see.

That's it...I'm out.
Have you looked at the Patriots recently?
They are not the bunch of old vets on D they have been any more.
Including Teddy Bruschi the average age of the LBs is 32.5
With out him it is 26.5
The DBs average not counting Harrison 25.3

The DL is at 27.6
So how do you see that as old.
With Brady returning Taylor replacing the almost unused Lamont Jordon. Moss, Welker, and Lewis as WRs. The Addition of Baker at TE I don't see Miami doing as well as last season.

But you should still be soid enough to beat out the jets for the #2 spot.

Back
Top Bottom