A quiet offseason for Rex? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A quiet offseason for Rex?

The New Guy

Starter
Reaction score
“I have news for you. We are the better team. We’re the big brother. People might say they are the big, bad Giants, but we are not the same old Jets. … To me, it seems clear that right now we are the better team and we are going to remain the better team for the next 10 years. Whether you like it or not, those are the facts, and that’s what’s going to happen. I know it’s going to happen because our style of football is different. We are going to take over the town whether the Giants like it or not, so those fans on the fence that like both teams are going to be Jets fans in the end. The truth is, if I am going to watch one game, I am going to see the Jets, without a doubt. We are better.”

:sidelol:

Will missing the playoffs with an 8-8 record and the Giants winning the Super Bowl again be enough to keep Rex quiet this year?

No and I hope it doesn't, that's who he is. Think about how close we were, if Victor Cruz doesn't make an incredible play and go 99 yds maybe we win the SB? The difference btw the Jets and Giants seasons were a play or two but congrats to the Giants and hopefully someday soon we'll get that trophy.

He is quiet cause of the foot that is in his mouth.

No and I hope it doesn't, that's who he is. Think about how close we were, if Victor Cruz doesn't make an incredible play and go 99 yds maybe we win the SB? The difference btw the Jets and Giants seasons were a play or two but congrats to the Giants and hopefully someday soon we'll get that trophy.

:lol: The difference between the 8-8 Jets and the 6-10 Dolphins were a play or two, not the Super Bowl Champs.

If Rex continues to be who he is, I don't think he will be a head coach much longer. Running your mouth and backing up what you say is one thing. Running your mouth and being proven wrong over and over is another. With the results of this past season and the comments he made about the Giants (with them going on to win another Super Bowl), his act has to be wearing thin. You even had some players on the team saying as much.

aexgur-1.jpg

:lol: The difference between the 8-8 Jets and the 6-10 Dolphins were a play or two, not the Super Bowl Champs.

If Rex continues to be who he is, I don't think he will be a head coach much longer. Running your mouth and backing up what you say is one thing. Running your mouth and being proven wrong over and over is another. With the results of this past season and the comments he made about the Giants (with them going on to win another Super Bowl), his act has to be wearing thin. You even had some players on the team saying as much.

Really? if he Cruz play doesn't happen we are likely in and NYG is definitely out.

I love dolphin fans making fun of the Jets, that is comical. The best moment in recent dolphins history is Brandon scissorhands catching multiple TDs at the pro bowl and you guys are laughing at the Jets?

Really? if he Cruz play doesn't happen we are likely in and NYG is definitely out.

I love dolphin fans making fun of the Jets, that is comical. The best moment in recent dolphins history is Brandon scissorhands catching multiple TDs at the pro bowl and you guys are laughing at the Jets?

You're going to wear your Giants hat and jersey all off season aren't you?

My best recent memory is whooping up on the Jets Jan 1, 2012 ensuring that the Jets don't make the playoffs. :)

I'm just commenting on you saying the difference between the Super Bowl champs and the 8-8 Jets was a play or 2. Even if that play didn't happen, it was a -3 game at that point and I don't think the Jets would have gone on to beat the Giants. This is the same team that got destroyed by the Eagles the week before. Even if they beat the Giants, they still lost to Mia and would have missed the playoffs. Even if they made the playoffs, they would not have played as well as the Giants did in the playoffs. It goes on and on. The Jets didn't beat a single team with a winning record. The Jets were a bad team this year, and were not a couple of plays away. They were closer the being a couple of plays away from 6-10.

Saying the only difference between the Giants and Jets this year was a couple of plays is about as ridiculous as wanting Sanchez on your team over Eli. Oh, you said that too.

really? you like the way he is? please name another hall of fame coach who talks as much **** as ryan. im sure ryan is a nice guy and i think he is a good defensive coach, but he will HAVE to calm down his tone, or he will be run out of the league. look what happened to the locker this year, it will only continue if the jest continue to be mediocre. name one good coach that had ryans attitude?

I'm just commenting on you saying the difference between the Super Bowl champs and the 8-8 Jets was a play or 2. Even if that play didn't happen, it was a -3 game at that point and I don't think the Jets would have gone on to beat the Giants. This is the same team that got destroyed by the Eagles the week before. Even if they beat the Giants, they still lost to Mia and would have missed the playoffs. Even if they made the playoffs, they would not have played as well as the Giants did in the playoffs. It goes on and on. The Jets didn't beat a single team with a winning record. The Jets were a bad team this year, and were not a couple of plays away. They were closer the being a couple of plays away from 6-10.

Saying the only difference between the Giants and Jets this year was a couple of plays is about as ridiculous as wanting Sanchez on your team over Eli. Oh, you said that too.

do you blame junc for doubling down on his comments? he has to, the two teams he hates the most were playing each other in the superbowl. he thinks the jest are a better organization than the pats (play like a jet, lmao). he also thinks the jest are the premier team in ny. hes got nothing else to say, except his fluke afccg appearances.

My best recent memory is whooping up on the Jets Jan 1, 2012 ensuring that the Jets don't make the playoffs. :)

Yep, you sure whooped us and still finished 2 games behind us again although you made progress from the 4 games back in 2010.

That play was a game and season changer. The Giants were the same team that got destroyed at HOME by an awful Redskins team the week before- let's not forget that. That play changed that game and changed the Giants season. if the Jets beat the Giants I'm confident they beat Miami, that was a dead team playing in week 17 but playing w/ a win and in scenario I'm confident things would have been different.

NE didn't beat a signle team w/ a winning record either and they were minutes away from winning the SB- what is the point?

really? you like the way he is? please name another hall of fame coach who talks as much **** as ryan. im sure ryan is a nice guy and i think he is a good defensive coach, but he will HAVE to calm down his tone, or he will be run out of the league. look what happened to the locker this year, it will only continue if the jest continue to be mediocre. name one good coach that had ryans attitude?

There are different ways to get the job done, I'm not worried about the HOf but he's had a better first 3 years than most HOF coaches.

do you blame junc for doubling down on his comments? he has to, the two teams he hates the most were playing each other in the superbowl. he thinks the jest are a better organization than the pats (play like a jet, lmao). he also thinks the jest are the premier team in ny. hes got nothing else to say, except his fluke afccg appearances.

I love when people make things up.

That play was a game and season changer. The Giants were the same team that got destroyed at HOME by an awful Redskins team the week before- let's not forget that. That play changed that game and changed the Giants season. if the Jets beat the Giants I'm confident they beat Miami, that was a dead team playing in week 17 but playing w/ a win and in scenario I'm confident things would have been different.

NE didn't beat a signle team w/ a winning record either and they were minutes away from winning the SB- what is the point?

The Giants didn't have a great regular season, but at least they beat NE and came very close to beating the Packers. They showed signs of being able to play good football. The Pats didn't beat a team with a winning record all year, but they went 13-3. That is very different than not beating a team with a winning record and going 8-8. I personally feel that the Pats did have an easy road to the Super Bowl, but they put themselves in that position by winning the division at 13-3. The Jets never showed signs of being able to play good football. They got embarrassed by the good teams they played and got beat by several average teams. Their season did not come down to 1 or 2 plays. They struggled all year. I know you are confident things would have been different had the Cruz play not happened, but the Jets whole season says otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom