A-Rod Makes More Than Marlins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Rod Makes More Than Marlins

I don't know the #s but I'd guess that Florida gets more than $21 mil from the luxury tax that team like the Yanks have to pay. There is not a reason why their payroll should be so low. They can use the new building excuse but when they open it and they still don't draw flies then what will happen?

I'm predicting Loria will sell the team. He can barely afford it, and the new baseball site by the Orange Bowl will attract many people with $$$, as it will definitely sell more baseball tickets than the Dolphins site.

As long as we keep Larry Beinfest, we will be fine. Our team has been playing good; had a nice spring and we won last night, we got some nice young talent.

A-Rod makes more than the Marlins but the franchise has more rings than he has. What's he rocking there nowadays, a wedding ring? That's for noobs.

Ain't no way Loria is selling the team.

I don't know the #s but I'd guess that Florida gets more than $21 mil from the luxury tax that team like the Yanks have to pay. There is not a reason why their payroll should be so low. They can use the new building excuse but when they open it and they still don't draw flies then what will happen?
Ever been to South Florida? A ballpark in Downtown Miami > Middle of no where Dolphin Stadium.

Sure the Broward and Pembroke Pines fans will disagree :rolleyes2:, but that Orange Bowl site is much more closer to the real Marlins fans, which a great majority of them is in Miami, not all the **** up there almost outside of the city touching Broward-Pembroke Pines/FT. Lauderdale area.

Hell, my drive to watch a Marlins game will be much shorter. From a 1 hour 15 minute ride to 35 minutes, on traffic. I'll definitely go and watch more games with a closer site, and that has been pretty much the same view about a ton of other fans that I spoke with about this new site.

Ever been to South Florida? A ballpark in Downtown Miami > Middle of no where Dolphin Stadium.

Sure the Broward and Pembroke Pines fans will disagree :rolleyes2:, but that Orange Bowl site is much more closer to the real Marlins fans, which a great majority of them is in Miami, not all the **** up there almost outside of the city touching Broward-Pembroke Pines/FT. Lauderdale area.

Hell, my drive to watch a Marlins game will be much shorter. From a 1 hour 15 minute ride to 35 minutes, on traffic. I'll definitely go and watch more games with a closer site, and that has been pretty much the same view about a ton of other fans that I spoke with about this new site.

No offense but the Miami area is a bad sports town. Maybe for a year or 2 the new Stadium will attract some fans but it will be a ghost town w/in 3 years and eventually the marlins will have to move. I know Joe Robbie was not a good baseball Stadium but that's no excuse for the tiny crowds they have been getting over the years.

ya b/c miami fans packed the hurricanes stadium all the game.. lol @ real marlin fans..if that were true, we would have more than 5000 at a game

No offense but the Miami area is a bad sports town. Maybe for a year or 2 the new Stadium will attract some fans but it will be a ghost town w/in 3 years and eventually the marlins will have to move. I know Joe Robbie was not a good baseball Stadium but that's no excuse for the tiny crowds they have been getting over the years.
I'm not going to argue the fact that Miami is a bad sports area, it has been.

We are not New York, where you can live 30 miles south of the stadium in Manhattan, and take the 4 or 5 subway and be at Yankee Stadium in a 10 minute train ride.

Hasn't been that bad for the Heat this season though, even with the horrible season they had they were still selling tickets untill a few games after the Marion trade when Riley pretty much shut it down.

Then again, Wade sells tickets everywhere.

ya b/c miami fans packed the hurricanes stadium all the game.. lol @ real marlin fans..if that were true, we would have more than 5000 at a game
I am the typical 8:30 to 6:00 PM work guy. You think I got time to get out of work, make an hour ride to Dolphin Stadium to go to atleast 80% of my season tickets? Guess what, I am not the only one with this lifestyle. Now put it in that OB site, and now it's looking good for my schedule.

I wouldn't mind the ride to watch a Dolphins' game 8 times a year, then again, I would like to make the trip worth it to watch a professional team playing, not the embarrassment we have been for, how many years now?

I'm not going to argue the fact that Miami is a bad sports area, it has been.

We are not New York, where you can live 30 miles south of the stadium in Manhattan, and take the 4 or 5 subway and be at Yankee Stadium in a 10 minute train ride.

Hasn't been that bad for the Heat this season though, even with the horrible season they had they were still selling tickets untill a few games after the Marion trade when Riley pretty much shut it down.

Then again, Wade sells tickets everywhere.

To get to the meadowlands you cannot take a subway and we don't have any problems selling that building out so lack of subways is not a good excuse and even w/ Shaq the heat were playing in front of mostly empty seats.

Um had trouble selling out the Orange Bowl and Miami is a football town, how are the marlins on the same site going to sell a good % of their tickets? I don't see it.

To get to the meadowlands you cannot take a subway and we don't have any problems selling that building out so lack of subways is not a good excuse and even w/ Shaq the heat were playing in front of mostly empty seats.

That's not true, the heat have been among the best in attendance since Shaq came. Of course now the place is empty since they're pretty much tanking every game but when they were winning people were there.

According to this site:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/teamSalary?categoryId=71606

The Yanktheez almost out-earn the Diamondbacks, Twins, Royals, Rays and Marlins.

Do those 5 teams try and win? Sure they aren't the most popular teams and haven't been good in a while but.....

You are missing the point. THe DBacks, Twins, and Royals TRY AND WIN!! They go out and sign free agents. They don't trade away every star that comes through their system just because they don't want to pay them. The DBacks and Twins have been in hte playoffs numerous times. THEY TRY AND WIN!

When you field a $17 mill payroll and trade off every star you have year after year.......you aren't trying to win. Sorry thats a fact.

He will move them to Nashville, Charlotte, or Portland!

And the city of Miami and the taxpayers will be stuck with a baseball stadium nobody will use but they will be paying for for years to come.

Baseball needs a hard cap versus that pathetic luxury tax system they have now

A hard cap doesn't solve the problem, that is the most simplistic line of thought that is out there. The Marlins have a $17 mill payroll. Does putting in a hard cap MAKE the Marlins spend more?? NO, they will still put out a $17 mill payroll and still be a joke. If you make a hard cap at $90 mill, do the Marlins come close to spending near the top of that cap?? NOPE! Hence: You still have the same problem!!

What baseball needs to do is get rid of these old school owners who don't want to spend money. And bring in the MARK CUBAN's of the world who will spend to no end to make teams a winner.

REVENUE SHARING WORKS!!!!!!! Just put it into writing that ALL money teams get from revenue sharing MUST go back into the on the field product. Don't let the owner from Cincy take his cut like he did back in 2002 or 2003 and add cup holders to the stadium. Or let Loria take his revenue sharing check and put it in his bank account. That is BS and not what revenue sharing is about!!

Let Mark Cuban buy the Pittsburgh Pirates........guess what, that franchise is no longer a "small market" baseball franchise!!!!!!!! They got a big boy owner who will compete with the big boys!!

A hard cap doesn't solve the problem, that is the most simplistic line of thought that is out there. The Marlins have a $17 mill payroll. Does putting in a hard cap MAKE the Marlins spend more?? NO, they will still put out a $17 mill payroll and still be a joke. If you make a hard cap at $90 mill, do the Marlins come close to spending near the top of that cap?? NOPE! Hence: You still have the same problem!!

What baseball needs to do is get rid of these old school owners who don't want to spend money. And bring in the MARK CUBAN's of the world who will spend to no end to make teams a winner.

REVENUE SHARING WORKS!!!!!!! Just put it into writing that ALL money teams get from revenue sharing MUST go back into the on the field product. Don't let the owner from Cincy take his cut like he did back in 2002 or 2003 and add cup holders to the stadium. Or let Loria take his revenue sharing check and put it in his bank account. That is BS and not what revenue sharing is about!!

Let Mark Cuban buy the Pittsburgh Pirates........guess what, that franchise is no longer a "small market" baseball franchise!!!!!!!! They got a big boy owner who will compete with the big boys!!

The Pirates are wasting what alot people think is the best stadium in baseball. Revenue sharing does it's that when an owner is guranteed 30 mil in revenue sharing and 30 mil from the television contract and pockets all the money people find a way to blame the Yankees because they put the money they earn back into the team.

I look at the A's and Twins as "model" franchises for small market teams.

Sorry, I wasn't clear... the "hard cap theory" would help with the fact that the teams spending rediculous amounts of money (such as Yanks, Mets, Bosox, Tigers) would potentially no longer be as dominant in the regular season and would therefore allow lower payroll teams a better chance which in turn would hopefully convince teams such as the Marlins to spend more money towards a more level playing field

Realistically I think the high spending teams are worse for baseball overall then the low spending Marlins

Back
Top Bottom