A thought on Ross' thinking. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A thought on Ross' thinking.

zach attach

Active Roster
Reaction score
I feel that when it comes to retaining Sparano, Ross will look at his last coaching decision. His decision was to go get Harbaugh. He decided, he flew to Cali and tried.
I think Ross sees Harbaugh's success and knows he would have given us a better record so far. Im saying Ross has guys working hard on researching asst. coaches, ex-coaches and college coaches for his next hire. He knows there is someone out there that can bring turn around success like arbaugh did. I think Ross is laying low so as to not show any cards right now. Although Id love for him to say something about the current state of the franchise.

2vjq3vm-1.jpg

Okay, this hypothesis deserves some legs, so I'll bump it up.

Yeah, although Ross's plan execution was thoughtlessly embarrassing and tacky, his instinct was spot on. He's too savvy a businessman, especially in the RE industry withstanding all its bubbles and crashes not to understand the false signals an "inflationary" period of possibly 7 games at most characteristically emits. He wanted a smart, promising HC when last we finished 7-9 and I can't foresee any reasons that would change, even if at best we finish 7-9.

Hopefully he can snag one.

The one ray of hope is that I believe Ross is the smartest guy in the Dolphins organization. I base that hypothesis on two facts:

1. Nixing the Orton trade.
2. Going hard for Harbaugh to the point of making a fool of himself when the guy decided to stay in California.

Those both look like genius moves right now, don't they?

Back
Top Bottom