Aaahhh, reminders of the Good Ol' Days... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaahhh, reminders of the Good Ol' Days...

dolfan19

Starter
Reaction score
Ok, so the last year had me down about Miami. I admit, I've become as frustrated as everyone else. And now, with the whole lockout thing going on...well, it made me wish for the "Good Ol' Days." You know, when Danny boy was slingin' the rock around. So today I decided to make some wallpapers for my computer, just to make me feel better. I thought a few of them turned out ok, so I decided to share them with you guys.

So here you go. Lemme know what you think.

IMAG0642s-1.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMAG0671dd-1.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMAG0657a-1.jpg

IMAG0667az-1.jpg

IMAG0646s-1.jpg

IMAG0641s-1.jpg

IMAG0645a-1.jpg

And let's not forget our favorite WR tandem, the Marks Brothers...

IMAG0654-1.jpg

IMAG0655w-1.jpg

BTW, I have these listed on Photobucket. Lemme know if you can't see them for any reason. I can always send you the originals. Photobucket shrinks them down anyway.

Nice, but my good old days involved Larry Csonka, Bob Griese and the rest of the undefeated and back to back champion Miami Dolphins. Although I'd certainly take the 80's over the last decade.

I stil want to hurl everytime I read somebody talking about how good Jay Fiedler was.

Lol. I wasn't born til '74, so pretty much missed out on that era. My experience has pretty much been heartache and near misses...

Still love my Fins, though.

Here's a few more...

IMAG0658A-1.jpg

IMAG0648B-1.jpg

IMAG0635-1.jpg

IMAG0672a-1.jpg

marino1-1.jpg

One of my favorite shots of Ricky...

ricky1-1.jpg

And why not one of the cheerleaders? They actually give us something to cheer about.

51419628-1.jpg

It's a shame I wasn't alive/too young to see him play.

F**k my life!

You know it really is. You have my empathy, really. That is to miss the greatest qb of all time doing what he did best. From those of us who remember him well he was the Great One. I can't even rationalize or acknowledge an argument that another qb was better. But, that is just the homer in me.

Does anyone remember Marino's day as being extremely frustrating? All that talent at QB and WR and still no hope in the playoffs. Could not get a Defense or a Running Game going. Nice memories from single games, but frustrating seasons.

When I think about the fact that the best season the Dolphins have had that I'm actually old enough to remember was 2000, it makes me want to completely give up on this team. In case you need a refresher, that was our first season with Fiedler (barf) as the starter. Won the AFC East by beating the Pats in Foxboro in that infamous game where the defense had to return to the field for one extra play a good bit of time after the game had ended because the replay guys ****ed something up with Bledsoe getting hit or some **** like that and gave the Pats an extra three seconds. They put in Michael Bishop for that play and he threw up a duck that only traveled about 20 yards. Division champs even though we were swept by the Jets that year.

And the next week was the Lamar Smith OT game against the Colts. It was the day before my birthday. The game was blacked out. Never saw it. And that was the last postseason game we've ever seen this damn team win. And the next week they were shut out by Oakland. That season was only better than the two before it because they only lost by 27 in the divisional round as opposed to losing to JAX by 55 and Denver by 35.

Back
Top Bottom