AC in the AM: Who looks good? Practice observations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AC in the AM: Who looks good? Practice observations

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It was just one play, without pads, but it provided a glimpse of what we might expect from No. 1 pick Charles Harris this season. The ball was snapped and before left tackle Laremy Tunsil could turn his head, Harris was already by him. Would have been a sack if the hitting were real. Instead, it was simply a reminder that even against a player of Tunsil’s caliber, that quick first step by Harris could be a difference-maker on this level. Bottom line: This young man has a chance to be special, and I’m talking about as a rookie.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...rvations/2cca4728-ea03-48f7-b8cb-0d54c2c3bff7

This should be easy. Find the one-on-one matchup and that guy should be the primary target. Add smart roll outs and runs by Tannehill and this offense should be unstoppable. Except self inflicted wounds.

Ok...so if Harris is special...why wasn't he more productive at the college level?

2016 SEASON
Had an extremely productive junior season, finishing second on the team with 61 tackles (35 solo) while leading the team in tackles for loss (12.0), sacks (9.0) and QB hurries (10) … Also had a pair of forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and two pass break-ups … Ranks tied for seventh in Mizzou history with his 18.0 career sacks while his 34.5 career tackles for loss rank 11th in school history … His nine sacks in 2015 are tied for the ninth-most in a single season in program history as well …

2015 SEASON
Earned Second Team All-SEC honors after leading the SEC in tackles for loss (18.5) and finishing with seven sacks in his first season as a starter … Started all 12 games at defensive end for one of the nation’s most potent defenses … Tallied 56 total tackles (32 solo) which ranked tops on the team among defensive linemen …

http://www.mutigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5106&path=football

See I don't consider 9 sacks to be extraordinary at the college level....or his hurries or TFL. Good....not great.

If they are productive in college plus have the right size then thats what you look for no doubt just can't get that all the time.

See I don't consider 9 sacks to be extraordinary at the college level....or his hurries or TFL. Good....not great.
9 sacks comes to almost one a game on average in a 12 game season. His stat lines are comparable to that of the other top rushers in the draft. Had he performed better he probably would have been selected higher in the draft

Thanks for posting this, I guess.

This guy is basically just a PR puff piece writer, so I try not to take him very seriously.

Not to mention that in college it is much easier to scheme away from star players, especially against a team like mizzou, who usually isn't that stacked.

Back
Top Bottom