ACC and BCS INTERESTING STAT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC and BCS INTERESTING STAT

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
In the 7 years of the BCS, the ACC team who wins the bid is 1-6 in those games.

Just found this as an interesting stat

Going further, the only BCS win by an ACC team was against a team that is now a member of the ACC.

Of course, one of the losses was as well. :)

1998 - Tennessee 23 FSU 16
1999 - FSU 46 Va. Tech 29
2000 - Oklahoma 13 FSU 2
2001 - Florida 52 Maryland 20(I think this was the score)
2002 - Georgia 34 FSU 20
2003 - Miami 16 FSU 14
2004 - Auburn 16 Va. Tech 7
2005 - ???????

It's all FSU. They're 1-4. It's a stronger conference now with Miami, VT and BC, though these new teams tend to throw up mulligans when it counts.

I still cringe when I see that 13-2 score vs. Oklahoma. FSU had no business playing in that game to start with.

Muck said:
It's all FSU. They're 1-4. It's a stronger conference now with Miami, VT and BC, though these new teams tend to throw up mulligans when it counts.

I still cringe when I see that 13-2 score vs. Oklahoma. FSU had no business playing in that game to start with.

Of course FSU deserved to play in that game. They were one of the Top 2 teams in the nation. We just completely fell apart in that game. We had no answer for Oklahoma's defense @ the time. But of course, all Miami fans are going to say, is that "We beat FSU", which is true, BUT, SOS was part of the BCS @ the time and Miami's schedule was horrible.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Of course FSU deserved to play in that game. They were one of the Top 2 teams in the nation. We just completely fell apart in that game. We had no answer for Oklahoma's defense @ the time. But of course, all Miami fans are going to say, is that "We beat FSU", which is true, BUT, SOS was part of the BCS @ the time and Miami's schedule was horrible.

It was hard to watch us beat FSU, be ranked #2, then have FSU magically leapfrog us and back into the title game. There was plenty of controversy. They didn't deserve to be there. They got there on a technicality. It was REALLY hard to stomach when Mark Richt took the Georgia job. That meant FSU's offensive coordinator wasn't going to give 100%. And it showed. The offense was underprepared and got shutout.

The BCS tends to get adjusted after injustices occur (which is like every year. :lol: ).

In all honesty you could make a case that neither FSU nor Miami belonged in it...what about Washington? The Huskies were a damn good team that year...they had one loss and they beat the Canes. Oregon St. was another possible candidate that year.

Welcome to Reality

Dear ACC,
Welcome to the reality of three loss seasons for the top contenders. Fresh off the defusing of the Hurricanes who whipped the Hokies who will whip the Seminoles who beat the Canes who lost to Clemson who lost to Wake and who barely beat Duke and who lost to State who beat the Noles, we will see PAC 10 and Texas matchups for the next five years until someone over there can develop a competitive team and they get a 'super conference' like the SEC, ACC and BIG 10.
No one will have the numbers to get past the 'puters and not even the corrupt national media who are homies for the ACC can stop the situation.

NorthFloridaFin said:
1998 - Tennessee 23 FSU 16
1999 - FSU 46 Va. Tech 29
2000 - Oklahoma 13 FSU 2
2001 - Florida 52 Maryland 20(I think this was the score)
2002 - Georgia 34 FSU 20
2003 - Miami 16 FSU 14
2004 - Auburn 16 Va. Tech 7
2005 - ???????
Gotta love it...this goes to show how much the SEC owns the ACC

Delmonico said:
Dear ACC,
Welcome to the reality of three loss seasons for the top contenders. Fresh off the defusing of the Hurricanes who whipped the Hokies who will whip the Seminoles who beat the Canes who lost to Clemson who lost to Wake and who barely beat Duke and who lost to State who beat the Noles, we will see PAC 10 and Texas matchups for the next five years until someone over there can develop a competitive team and they get a 'super conference' like the SEC, ACC and BIG 10.
No one will have the numbers to get past the 'puters and not even the corrupt national media who are homies for the ACC can stop the situation.
Well said. Just more proof they really need a playoff system. Or some way to make sure the teams in the patsy conferences play some real competition in their non-conf games.

About FSU vs OU... I am not going to get into the debate if they deserved to be there or not. They were there. The BEST part of that game, is my best friend's older brother was talking SOOO Much smack before that game on how OU did not deserve to be on the same field as FSU... Oh was it fun to see him the day after the game. :D

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Gotta love it...this goes to show how much the SEC owns the ACC

Not Really, here's you some other scores from that time frame!!

1998 - FSU 23 UF 12
1999 - FSU 30 UF 23
2000 - FSU 30 UF 7
2001 - FSU 13 UF 34
2002 - FSU 31 UF 14
2003 - FSU 38 UF 35
2004 - FSU 13 UF 20

NorthFloridaFin said:
Not Really, here's you some other scores from that time frame!!

1998 - FSU 23 UF 12
1999 - FSU 30 UF 23
2000 - FSU 30 UF 7
2001 - FSU 13 UF 34
2002 - FSU 31 UF 14
2003 - FSU 38 UF 35
2004 - FSU 13 UF 20
He was talking about the conference as a whole. NOT two teams. Typical Semenhole.

Back
Top Bottom