According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Saints have placed the non-exclusive tag ON | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Saints have placed the non-exclusive tag ON

miamiron

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jimmy Graham
Two first-round picks, of course, would be a high-price to pay -- not to mention having to sign Graham to an expensive contract that they would have to negotiate with him

Would you do it?

Jimmy Graham
Two first-round picks, of course, would be a high-price to pay -- not to mention having to sign Graham to an expensive contract that they would have to negotiate with him

Would you do it?

try to get them to take Wheeler and our first pick :chuckle:

i luv Graham as a player but that price is too much.

How does this work? Can teams use this designation on one player and franchise tag on another? Is this a viable option for Starks?

Why not? We already know this team doesn't know what the **** to do with it's draft picks, anyway.

Why not? We already know this team doesn't know what the **** to do with it's draft picks, anyway.

The draft guru is gone or are we now blaming anyone for our drafts now?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Now all teams will run and hide. No way anyone bites at two firsts and a HUGE contract.

Toss in that the Saints are forcing the TE tag on Jimmy at around $7.5, he will file for WR tag at around $12.

Laughed when I heard Saints GM (I think it was him) say "Well, we drafted him as a TE, he's listed as a TE, so we will pay him the TE tag."

Nothing like pissing of your #1 offensive weapon.

No, the 2 first round picks is enough to scare all teams away.

Wouldn't scare me away. With the way the Fins blow 1st round picks, I will take a HOF caliber TE and upgrade the offense without any doubt or chance of a rookie bust

The Fins gave up 2 first round picks for Ricky Williams back in the day. What's the difference?

Dion Jordan and our 1st. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd even consider 2 1sts. Graham and Clay on the field at the same time? Yes, please. I can't think of anybody that will be available at 19 who is likely to have a bigger impact than Graham would.

no team will even consider this

Let's give our new GM a chance before we crown him "Ireland II"

Jimmy Graham was there for us to take during the draft. For a team to wreck their cap and waste 2 first rounds picks is just ludicrous. There are other TE's that can play.
Give me Ebron at 19 combined with Charles Clay. That is the way we should roll.
Either Ebron or Mosley at 19, or I will be pissed off.

Back
Top Bottom