Achilies Heal on Defense - LB's Middle of Field Zone Coverage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Achilies Heal on Defense - LB's Middle of Field Zone Coverage

signman

Rookie
Reaction score
You ever notice our LB's in pass coverage when they're playing zone...????? Thier eyes are almost ALWAYS glued in the backfield instead of the receivers running accross the field in front of, and in back of them. They literally stand facing the backfield instead of taking any angels to cover the receivers.... We NEED better coverage backers and/or better LB coaching!!!

You ever notice our LB's in pass coverage when they're playing zone...????? Thier eyes are almost ALWAYS glued in the backfield instead of the receivers running accross the field in front of, and in back of them. They literally stand facing the backfield instead of taking any angels to cover the receivers.... We NEED better coverage backers and/or better LB coaching!!!

Did you know that Dansby and Burnett are actually really good cover LBs?

Bet you didn't.

the first week of the season i posted a thread saying almost the same thing. dansby seems soft in the open field. it seems like he doesnt even try sometimes. but at other times dansby is good. i still think the position needs to be upgraded, but with that being said i would be ok going into next year with the same group so we can upgrade the bigger needs of the team

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Did you know that Dansby and Burnett are actually really good cover LBs?

Bet you didn't.
really good? no. maybe above average

How many TEs gave us fits this year? How many RB screens?

You think that's w/o having good coverage LBs?

As a matter of fact, Dansby an Burnet has very solid seasons.... and for once, TEs didn't kill this team like all those past years....

Remember Churning Chowder..... damn he sucked at everything!!!!

both bills, and pats games. they killed us with screens. wr and rb screens

Spiller is the best RB in the open field in the NFL. He killed everybody.

Besides Willis there are very few great coverage LBs, there LBs for a reason. So ****s gonna get thru them. Always happen.

So in terms of COVERAGE LBs there both damn good.

It seems like every year we get gashed over the middle. But this year seemed a lot better.

Mati Te'o: can somebody please Nancy Kerrigan him before the draft so maybe he slips to 12.

hires154666379_crop_exactjpgw650h440q75-1.jpg

They seem kinda average at coverage to me. I recall a couple of things... We were poor in pass defense, and we set a Miami Dolphins record for fewest takeaways ever. Not good.

I vividly remember two sure-fire INT's of Andrew Luck dropped by Smith (CB) and Dansby (LB), that were harder to drop than catch. Either INT would have won us the game most likely. Dansby dropped a pick six. He gets credit for being in the right position, but that is the sort of play high paid impact LB's are supposed to make. He rarely produces turnovers, ditto for Burnett and Misi. At a minimum I'd say our LB corps needs to show major improvement in the takeaways department. I'll give them an average grade, but I can't see how they deserve to be considered exceptional at coverage.

Back
Top Bottom