Acorns!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acorns!!!

traptses

Starter
Reaction score
Everytime we sign someone off the street, I always hear the same responses... "Jeff Ireland's acorns" "Just another scrub" "Finally a true #1 receiver! All of our prayers have been answered."

Get real. Signing free agents is part of the game. You lose a player to injury, you sign a player to take his spot. Nobody looks at a mid-season signing, and thinks "hey, that move made them the Super Bowl favorite."

Do the people on this board honestly expect the next Calvin Johnson or Revis to be signed in week 16 off the street?

Everytime we sign someone off the street, I always hear the same responses... "Jeff Ireland's acorns" "Just another scrub" "Finally a true #1 receiver! All of our prayers have been answered."

Get real. Signing free agents is part of the game. You lose a player to injury, you sign a player to take his spot. Nobody looks at a mid-season signing, and thinks "hey, that move made them the Super Bowl favorite."

Do the people on this board honestly expect the next Calvin Johnson or Revis to be signed in week 16 off the street?

The problem isn't the mid-season depth signings, absolutely nothing wrong with that. The problem is that he signs people that would normally be mid-season depth signings to sizeable contracts in the offseason with the intention of them actually starting and making an impact, which they do. It just happens to be negative impact, or at best, no impact.

I think his strategy has been great this year...WR wise....find some good complimentary recievers to Hartline and Bess, to go along with our future number 1 we get this offseason

Back
Top Bottom