Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

And it had a creepy name, too. "Cat of Nine Tails" ... no offense Vaark, but wtf... The stuff coming out on this thread is truly nuts.

Cat o' Nine Tails is the proper name for that sort of thing.

When I was a naughty boy, I got a belt strap across my ass. It hurt like hell but the human butt is very resilient -- no lasting harm was ever done.

Wouldn't this fall under the new domestic violence policy? 6 game suspension?

IMO the only time a child should ever be beaten is if for example they run into the road/street or something like that. And when I say beaten I mean a quick slap on their rear end.

That picture is disturbing and made me very angry. Anyone that could do that to anyone, let alone a child IMO is a monster

I'm a believer in the "spare the rod, spoil the child" line of thought when it comes to child discipline (it worked wonders on teaching me not to **** up) ... But, holy **** AD?!? What the **** were you thinking?

Beating a 4-year-old repeatedly & drawing blood?!? Can you say total asshole?

Ditto. There's was always a healthy fear of dad's belt or mom's wooden spoon. But there was never a line crossed and I most certainly deserved it for the times it was administered.

But these AP reports are impermissible.

My wife and I have agreed that we won't ever hit our child no matter what she does. She's 10 months old right now. I couldn't ever imagine inflicting pain on her just to prove a point.

That's excellent and commendable. I shared similar thoughts when mine were at such an age. There just came a time when my wife and I agreed that such discipline was needed for certain instances. We made a pact that would never come in the heat of our moments, but rather after our tempers cooled and could be delegated in a proper manner.

Doesn't mean that time will come for you and your family. Just my example and I respect anyone who simply stays active in their family and child(s) lives.

I've never been happier to not get the first pick in any of my fantasy leagues in my life.

If this gets you indicted by a grand jury, then damn near every last black parent or grandparent would be in trouble lol. Especially ones from the South.

My grandmother use to make me pick out the switch that she was going to whoop me with, when I got out of line lol..and I was 5-6 years old. Got the same welts and bumps on my ass as in the pictures of AP's son. This country is funny man.

My cousin said our neighborhood would have looked like a scene from "Children of the Corn" because all the adults would have been in jail. Spankings with a switch, extension cord, belt, towel or paddle were not uncommon. The problem is kids grow up and become parents and think they should punish their children the same way they were treated as kids and don't grasp that society rules and laws of what's acceptable has changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's excellent and commendable. I shared similar thoughts when mine were at such an age. There just came a time when my wife and I agreed that such discipline was needed for certain instances. We made a pact that would never come in the heat of our moments, but rather after our tempers cooled and could be delegated in a proper manner.

Doesn't mean that time will come for you and your family. Just my example and I respect anyone who simply stays active in their family and child(s) lives.

In theory the cool down period is not a bad idea. But I still remember hours, even days, going by and thinking I've escaped the switch or belt and coming home from school happy only to see it waiting for me on the coffee table.

In theory the cool down period is not a bad idea. But I still remember hours, even days, going by and thinking I've escaped the switch or belt and coming home from school happy only to see it waiting for me on the coffee table.

That is absolutely terrible. To live in fear like that. Those on this thread who say "well it worked for me!" just aren't connecting with that seriously unhealthy fear that results from encounters like that. Just unconscionable sh*t.

That is absolutely terrible. To live in fear like that. Those on this thread who say "well it worked for me!" just aren't connecting with that seriously unhealthy fear that results from encounters like that. Just unconscionable sh*t.
I don't think the fear of negative consequences for negative actions is necessarily unhealthy.

This seems similar to the Mike Vick dogfighting thing to me in the sense that AD seems oblivious to his error because it's so deeply ingrained in his psyche from childhood. His parents disciplined him this way so he feels this is normal.

He went way overboard in his "discipline"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll never understand the need for weapons. You're an adult. You are bigger. A quick spanking? Fine, but if you need to use a device to pull it off, there is something wrong. There is simply no excuse for those kinds of wounds on a 4 year old or any age kid at the hands of his or her parents.

Spanking never worked on me or my siblings. We would talk about how we preferred it because it was over quick, unlike the other punishments my parents used that took away time, which was by far the worst.

That's a happy mug shot.

Bxar0wiCIAEr4CQ-1.png

Back
Top Bottom