AFC Championship or Bust..a sad realization. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Championship or Bust..a sad realization.

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dateline..January 17, 1993

Miami Dolphins play in their 7th AFC Championship in the last 22 years...

Who could imagine at the time that over 10 years would pass without Miami playing in another AFC Championship game? Especially considering that the Dolphins had made it that far 6 times from 1971 to 1985. To make the fact all that much more disgusting is to see all of the other teams that have made it the AFC title game since that day...

Steelers -4
Patriots -3
Colts -2
Titans -2
Broncos -2
Raiders -2
Jaguars -2
Bills -1
Jets -1
Ravens -1
Chiefs -1
Chargers -1
DOLPHINS -0
Bengals -0
Browns -0
Texans -0

Wow, that's pretty sad for a franchise with such a rich history. I was just short of my 21st Birthday the last time the Fins made it to the AFC title game...now I'm 32 years old! I can't believe it's been that long! There are 11 yr old kids running around right now that weren't even born the last time MIami made it! :cry:

The sad realization is that all I want is the Dolphins to do is make it to the AFC Championship ..much less the Super Bowl. That would make me happy. Almost every other team in the AFC has made it that far since our last time. The freakin' Jaguars were an expansion team in 1995 and they've made it TWICE!

Of course, I want Miami to win the SuperBowl, but since it's been so long I have lowered expectations. When will it be our turn? What has happened to my beloved franchise?

Did anyone else think it would take over 10 years just to get back to a AFC title game?...it used to seem so easy.

Title game? How 'bout a play off appearance? I'm a fin fan through and through, I'll never give up on my team but I'm tired of being "On paper champions". Enough with the speculation and expectations, just get out there and do it.

Gladsadmad said:
Dateline..January 17, 1993

Miami Dolphins play in their 7th AFC Championship in the last 22 years...

Who could imagine at the time that over 10 years would pass without Miami playing in another AFC Championship game? Especially considering that the Dolphins had made it that far 6 times from 1971 to 1985. To make the fact all that much more disgusting is to see all of the other teams that have made it the AFC title game since that day...

Steelers -4
Patriots -3
Colts -2
Titans -2
Broncos -2
Raiders -2
Jaguars -2
Bills -1
Jets -1
Ravens -1
Chiefs -1
Chargers -1
DOLPHINS -0
Bengals -0
Browns -0
Texans -0

Wow, that's pretty sad for a franchise with such a rich history. I was just short of my 21st Birthday the last time the Fins made it to the AFC title game...now I'm 32 years old! I can't believe it's been that long! There are 11 yr old kids running around right now that weren't even born the last time MIami made it! :cry:

The sad realization is that all I want is the Dolphins to do is make it to the AFC Championship ..much less the Super Bowl. That would make me happy. Almost every other team in the AFC has made it that far since our last time. The freakin' Jaguars were an expansion team in 1995 and they've made it TWICE!

Of course, I want Miami to win the SuperBowl, but since it's been so long I have lowered expectations. When will it be our turn? What has happened to my beloved franchise?

Good for you man. I'm just happy watchin' my Miami Dolphins play, plain and simple. We're still a competitive team.......perhaps a bit of a tease, but I've grown up since I was 13 and Dolphins losses used to ruin my week.

enigmatics said:
Good for you man. I'm just happy watchin' my Miami Dolphins play, plain and simple. We're still a competitive team.......perhaps a bit of a tease, but I've grown up since I was 13 and Dolphins losses used to ruin my week.

I enjoy the Dolphins too.

I just found it interesting that it's been so long since my Dolphins have made it to the AFC Championship. I wasn't admonishing the team.

The same team that beat us only to get embarassed again in the superbowl.

dolfanreal69 said:
The same team that beat us only to get embarassed again in the superbowl.
and you would've done what against those 2 cowboy teams? :roflmao:

Tom Olivadatti's defense against Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, that massive o-line? If you'd of made it you'd probably of lost 62-7 again. :goof:

Thurman Thomas raped you guys that game...still trying to remember if he was actually tackled that game :lol:

CirclingWagons said:
and you would've done what against those 2 cowboy teams? :roflmao:

Tom Olivadatti's defense against Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, that massive o-line? If you'd of made it you'd probably of lost 62-7 again. :goof:

Thurman Thomas raped you guys that game...still trying to remember if he was actually tackled that game :lol:
:roflmao: We did beat them that year, thank you very much...

sbh1602 said:
:roflmao: We did beat them that year, thank you very much...
oh yeah...and I remember you kicking the crap out of the Broncos on Monday Night Football in 98, only to get trounced 3 WEEKS LATER, 38-3. :roflmao:

CirclingWagons said:
oh yeah...and I remember you kicking the crap out of the Broncos on Monday Night Football in 98, only to get trounced 3 WEEKS LATER, 38-3. :roflmao:
I don't.

Ain't senility great?

IMO...The Fins winning the SB is the only thing that will make me happy. Anything short will just make my anger rise toward Wayne and Wanny.

Back
Top Bottom