AFC East knotted up at 3-3!?!?! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East knotted up at 3-3!?!?!

the cincy game we played better than the bengals, if anything that game should have been a wider margin of victory, if not for walt ****ing colman over turning 2 horrendous calls. we outplayed cincy.

as for the rams, we deff didnt play as well as i thought but we did win in the end, and again 2 horrendous calls that should have given us the ball on fumbles that somehow didnt. who knows what the score would have been.

i do know we will beat the jets in 2 weeks. i am pretty confident in that.[/QUOTE]

Keep this in mind ... the Jets left about 22 easy points on the field last game:

Stephen Hill drops a TD pass late in the 2nd Q and we settle for 3 (4 points).
Sanchez misses a WIDE OPEN cumberland standing in the end zone from inside the 5 yard line. Yes, he was under duress ... but there was nobody within 10 yards of the guy. We settle for 3 again (4 points).
There was another play (early 4th Q) ... Hill has his guy beat by 5 yards, streaking down the sideline ... Sanchez throws a perfect bomb, but Hill blows out his Hammy and can't get under the ball. He limps off the field and he's out for the rest of the game. Would have been an easy TD if his leg doesn't explode (7 points).
Midway through the 4th Q, Shillens has his man beat by plenty, and Sanchez barely overthrows him (another easy 7 down the drain).

That's 22 points left on the field that had nothing to do with the Dolphins making plays.

You guys complain about missing two field goals (both 48 yarders) but we easily could have won that game by 2 TD's.
You're not beating us at home in two weeks. If we don't beat ourselves we'll win that game comfortably. I am pretty confident in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
you also could be 1-5 as you easily could have lost the last 2 games. How come it only works one way?

NE is going to win the division as long as Brady as healthy, it's nice they are keeping the rest of us around instead of being way out in front like most years but anyone other than NE winning(if Brady is healthy) will be a shock.

Because there is a difference. If every offensive drive was successful, every team would score 90 pts a game. Since that is impossible and more times than none drives fail or plays are left on the field, the more important factor is how the game ends. You can look like **** all game and still win.

Look at Buffalo yesterday. Jay Feely kicks a 61 yd FG to tie the game then misses a mid-30 yd FG that would've won the game. Arizona could be 5-1.

Cincinnati had a chance to win the game on their final drive vs. Miami but didn't. The Dolphins had a chance to beat the Jets with a FG on the last play of the game and they failed. They also failed to stop Kevin Kolb on one final 4th and 10 play which is successful, the game would've been won.

At best yesterday the Rams make the game-tying FG at the end of the game. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

the cincy game we played better than the bengals, if anything that game should have been a wider margin of victory, if not for walt ****ing colman over turning 2 horrendous calls. we outplayed cincy.

as for the rams, we deff didnt play as well as i thought but we did win in the end, and again 2 horrendous calls that should have given us the ball on fumbles that somehow didnt. who knows what the score would have been.

i do know we will beat the jets in 2 weeks. i am pretty confident in that.[/QUOTE]

Keep this in mind ... the Jets left about 22 easy points on the field last game:

Stephen Hill drops a TD pass late in the 2nd Q and we settle for 3 (4 points).
Sanchez misses a WIDE OPEN cumberland standing in the end zone from inside the 5 yard line. Yes, he was under duress ... but there was nobody within 10 yards of the guy. We settle for 3 again (4 points).
There was another play (early 4th Q) ... Hill has his guy beat by 5 yards, streaking down the sideline ... Sanchez throws a perfect bomb, but Hill blows out his Hammy and can't get under the ball. He limps off the field and he's out for the rest of the game. Would have been an easy TD if his leg doesn't explode (7 points).
Midway through the 4th Q, Shillens has his man beat by plenty, and Sanchez barely overthrows him (another easy 7 down the drain).

That's 22 points left on the field that had nothing to do with the Dolphins making plays.

You guys complain about missing two field goals (both 48 yarders) but we easily could have won that game by 2 TD's.
You're not beating us at home in two weeks. If we don't beat ourselves we'll win that game comfortably. I am pretty confident in that.

These things happen to every team each week. Every team has moments in which they fail to make plays. That doesn't mean the Jets were that close to scoring 57 points.

The last time the Jets handed the Dolphins their ass was in 2007. The widest margin since then was 18 last year. If that means you want to believe the Jets will win comfortable then by all means please feel free to believe that.

dont play that bill parcells crap with me. i never said we should be 5-1. i am just defending the posters for speculating that this has been a positive season despite the fact that our preseason was absolutley dreadful. this is a discussion forum, where people discuss football. i guess since we are 3-3 and the stats are what they are, then there is no need to start a thread about anything. since everything is what it is, there is no need to talk about the past or future prospects of teams are players. i assume you will never post anything again.

I am defending reality, we can all nitpick at plasy here and there but the bottom line is you didn't make enough plays to beat us or Ari and your opponents did.

I am defending reality, we can all nitpick at plasy here and there but the bottom line is you didn't make enough plays to beat us or Ari and your opponents did.

So come on nyjunc, just how had will the Jets get beat by the Pats this week?? You know it's coming.

Is it a mental disorder that makes you act this way? If so, I am sorry. For the third time, I never said we should be 5-1. I was defending the people who make assumptions. Just like I defend you for all your ridiculous Sanchez claims. I find it so ironic that you are the one trying to say you go by the facts, the truth is your whole point of argument is always based on could of and should ofs with your team.

So come on nyjunc, just how had will the Jets get beat by the Pats this week?? You know it's coming.

It probably won't be pretty unless we can run it effectively.

Is it a mental disorder that makes you act this way? If so, I am sorry. For the third time, I never said we should be 5-1. I was defending the people who make assumptions. Just like I defend you for all your ridiculous Sanchez claims. I find it so ironic that you are the one trying to say you go by the facts, the truth is your whole point of argument is always based on could of and should ofs with your team.

you defend people making assumptions and I am defending assumptions the other way. Again, the bottom line is you are 3-3 and deserve to be 3-3.

where are my arguments ever based on could of and should of?

It probably won't be pretty unless we can run it effectively.

you defend people making assumptions and I am defending assumptions the other way. Again, the bottom line is you are 3-3 and deserve to be 3-3.

where are my arguments ever based on could of and should of?

Pats are in the top ten run defenses in the league, and the Jets just don't have the horses to go up against them. Add to that the fact that the Patriots put up back to back 200 plus yards on the ground themselves against much better run defenses than the Jets, and it wll be tough for the Jets to do much to stop them. Then then you have Welker and the TE's with no coverage answers, not to mention a pissed off Patriot team that will be trying to make a point. If I were you I would take a moral victiory if the Jets can stay within ten points.

Pats are in the top ten run defenses in the league, and the Jets just don't have the horses to go up against them. Add to that the fact that the Patriots put up back to back 200 plus yards on the ground themselves against much better run defenses than the Jets, and it wll be tough for the Jets to do much to stop them. Then then you have Welker and the TE's with no coverage answers, not to mention a pissed off Patriot team that will be trying to make a point. If I were you I would take a moral victiory if the Jets can stay within ten points.

It's going to take by far our best game of the year to even have a chance, I do not have high hopes this weekend. if it was at home I'd say maybe but I will be surprised if the jets can spring the upset this week.

Back
Top Bottom