AFC Playoff Scenarios | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Playoff Scenarios

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
AFC East

The New England Patriots (13-2) have clinched the division title and a first-round bye.

The New York Jets (10-5) can clinch a playoff berth with a win or tie Sunday at St. Louis or a loss or tie by Buffalo or Denver.

The Buffalo Bills (9-6) can clinch a playoff berth with a win Sunday against Pittsburgh and a loss by the NY Jets or a win and a loss or tie by Denver.

AFC North

The Pittsburgh Steelers (14-1) have clinched the division title, a first-round bye and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

The Baltimore Ravens (8-7) can clinch a playoff berth with a win Sunday against Miami along with losses by Buffalo, Denver and Jacksonville.

AFC South

The Indianapolis Colts (12-3) have clinched the division title.

The Jacksonville Jaguars (8-7) can clinch a playoff berth with a win Sunday at Oakland and losses by Buffalo and Denver.

AFC West

The San Diego Chargers (11-4) have clinched the division title.

The Denver Broncos (9-6) can clinch a playoff berth with a win Sunday against Indianapolis or a tie and tie or loss by Buffalo or losses by Buffalo, Jacksonville and Baltimore.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/12/28/bc.fbp.lgns.playoffberths.r/index.html

Ross said:
Thanks bamafin.

What i would like to know:

Does the Colts or SD have anything to play for this week?

--Ross
Good question... I think both teams want to just play the game and remain healthy for the playoff..

Whoever comes out of the AFC is gonna win the Super Bowl.

Baltimore is pretty much done. How many years can they go ignoring the WR position?

Ross said:
Thanks bamafin.

What i would like to know:

Does the Colts or SD have anything to play for this week?

--Ross

no, no matter if they win or lose they will remain as #3 and #4 seed respectively

If both Indy & Pittsburgh play their players both the Broncos & Bills will be out of the playoffs & the Jets & Jags will be in.

But they probably won't so my guesses are the Jets & Broncos.

I hope the playoffs are interesting games, I hope that if Denver gets in that they make it a good game. Last year they got blown out by Indy in the first round, It was a tie with Denver and Miami last year for the wild card spot and I think it's safe to say that we could of gave Indy a better game then Denver did

Denver would lose to anyone of the current playoff teams and thats why they need to lose this weekend but probably won't. I hope they can beat Indy's back-ups :lol:

nick19991 said:
Denver would lose to anyone of the current playoff teams and thats why they need to lose this weekend but probably won't. I hope they can beat Indy's back-ups :lol:

Yeah, I agree. Den is very inconsistent. I hope Indy's backup's blow them out but I doubt it. From what i understand, there is a very good chance of Indy and Den having to play again next week. Just from that alone I expect indy to dummy down the playbook as well as play their backups.

sounds like an easy win for Den.

:(

--Ross

Back
Top Bottom