After miserable outing, Favre mulls retirement | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After miserable outing, Favre mulls retirement

If Favre retires, Green Bay will be in the market for a QB. I believe that I would consider moving all the way down to 24 if it means we pick up a 2nd and a 4th this year as well as Green Bay's 1st next year.

Trade them Feeley for there first and we can draft a young guy!!!

But they would not want Feeley!

KB21 said:
If Favre retires, Green Bay will be in the market for a QB. I believe that I would consider moving all the way down to 24 if it means we pick up a 2nd and a 4th this year as well as Green Bay's 1st next year.

I was trying to edit in some info but it didnt take.What I was saying was exactly that.The Packers have the 24,49,58 and 89 spots all on the first day.They would be a candidate for a tradeup if they include some future considerations.

KB21 said:

To move from 1 to 24, I think we could get a lot more than that. There's some chart that shows the relative value of each individual draft pick, and NFL teams often use it in gauging whether a trade down (or up) is worth it. I'll see if I can find that (or maybe you have a copy, since you're a draft guru).

And for what it's worth, Favre has been pulling this stuff for years. Have a bad playoff loss, get Green Bay fans in a panic about retirement, and then say he's going to stick around for awhile longer. I'll believe he's retiring when I see it. Frankly, I think he'll play longer than Morten Andersen.

http://www.nfldraftview.com/tvchart.html

There's the pick chart. It may vary some this year, but this is close enough for comparison's sake. In terms of relative value, the #2 overall pick is worth 2600. A trade for the Packers 24, 49, 58 and 89 (according to Crunchtime) only gives a value of 1700. Throw in a #1 and #2 in 2006 and you've got a total value of 2400, which may or may not be enough.

Mod.There was a dolphin linkup if you notice.The article was posted because of the implications of a posible trasdeup with the Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:
phunwin said:
To move from 1 to 24, I think we could get a lot more than that. There's some chart that shows the relative value of each individual draft pick, and NFL teams often use it in gauging whether a trade down (or up) is worth it. I'll see if I can find that (or maybe you have a copy, since you're a draft guru).

And for what it's worth, Favre has been pulling this stuff for years. Have a bad playoff loss, get Green Bay fans in a panic about retirement, and then say he's going to stick around for awhile longer. I'll believe he's retiring when I see it. Frankly, I think he'll play longer than Morten Andersen.
Did you read the part about his wife getting chemotherapy for breast cancer? That is very hard on a person, chemo is rough and I think he'll retire because she will need him. That's what he should do.

muscle979 said:
Did you read the part about his wife getting chemotherapy for breast cancer? That is very hard on a person, chemo is rough and I think he'll retire because she will need him. That's what he should do.
Good point.He has nothing more to prove.All he can do is embarass himself and stain his reputation.Its time to move on.especially if his mind is somewhere else.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Trade them Feeley for there first and we can draft a young guy!!!

But they would not want Feeley!

But Ron Wolf did say Feeley reminded him of Favre.

Back
Top Bottom