After sleeping on it...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After sleeping on it......

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
After a night sleep and getting over the shock, I think this is a case of Ricky just wanting to get out of training camp.

I really do.

The guy was probably on vacation, thought about the hell he goes through next week in pads in the south florida heat, and said what the hell do I need that for. Got some morons in his ear telling him to retire an he listened to them. I really do believe that he will be back and on the field come Week 1 of the season.

I don't think this is a ploy to get out of training camp. RW has always been a bit odd and it won't surprise me if he comes back in 2005 but I have to believe he is gone for at least this season.

Smacks said:
I don't think this is a ploy to get out of training camp. RW has always been a bit odd and it won't surprise me if he comes back in 2005 but I have to believe he is gone for at least this season.
Come back where in 2005? Miami won't take him back. If he screws them over like this you think they are gonna welcome him back with open arms? And they won't trade him. They own his rights they will hold them and screw him over just like he is screwing us over now.

Detroit did it with Barry every time Barry wanted to come back. If Ricky doesn't come back......his NFL career is over forever!

What a waste!! All the millions of athletes that have strived to make it to the NFL (me included), and to see a career and God given talented thrown away is sad.

Light up another Ricky.

He'll probably end up with Amsterdam in NFL Europe!

I don't think this is a ploy. Frankly, I don't think Ricky is smart enough for it to be a ploy.

If this was a ploy to get out of training camp, why wouldn't he do it before now to get out of QB school too? If he does want to come back, I say screw him! The Dolphins gave him a new chance from the Saints... even restructured his contract so he would get more money without all the incentives and he does this... What a low life!

I don't know what to think, I was mad like every one else, then I came to the point that I'm a Dolphins fan, unlike basketball I'm a Shaq fan wherever Shaq goes that's my team. Football, Miami is my team, I see this Williams thing like he had a career ending injury although it would have been easier to accept then a retirement out of left field. The thing I think pisses most of us is WHY NOW, WHY A WEEK BEFORE TRANING CAMP? We could have gotten Eddie George, but hey what has happen has happen.

Some people say, "what you couldn't see this coming?" NO, I didn't, he went through all the mini camps and not a word. He says he been thinking about this for while, come one we live in a high tech world, if was thinking retirement it would have leak out some where.

Travis Minor, well I say give him a chance he carried the load at Flordia State and he can run and catch. This offseason has been...............................................well not boring for Miami and with all this nonsense going on from Marino quiting and McMichael arrested, O-Gun hold out maybe the football gods will look down on this team and grant them a Superbowl. At this point I hope DW can pulled this team together and compete this year.

My blood bleds aqua, orange and white, so no matter what happens I will wear my white #34, Aqua #29 jerseys, rock my mirror Dolphins license plate with pride. I know nobody wants to hear this but we as fans will get pass this, hey we haven't made the playoffs since Ricky came maybe we can make again without him.

To all the true Miami Fans keep your head up and cheer the Dolphins louder and longer show the AFC East and the Rest of the NFL that we will move on and support our team. One luv

Nope. LeBetard says he told him that he was going to retire following this year. This is not a scam to get out of TC. BTW, if he can't handle TC, he had a long season ahead of him...

Back
Top Bottom