Ahmad Brooks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmad Brooks

phinfan77 said:
boomer,
going by thread logic here, but if you say he's a top 7 pick if all criteria are met, and other teams, the patriots being mentioned, are high on him. he is ready to play in an nfl scheme b ecaus he learned under groh and looks like a more athletic ray lewis. Olb is our biggest need.

i could see paYING A SECOND FOR THIS GUY. a first if that's what it took.

A first?? Man I remember Brooks in a few games, and I have seen the Lavaresque leap, but to give up a first for the guy?? I mean he seems to have work ethic problems, had a marijuana conviction and injury problems, and u would take all that baggage than wait for a clean cut guy to fall for us next year. Its a chance I wouldn't make for our 1st or our second. You guys have somehow managed to make me think a third might be ok, if and only if he is impressive at his workout, but anything more than that is absurd.

Uhh....no more than a 5th for this guy......he's not worth anything higher at this point. Check out this from Jason Cole's column in Miami Herald.

Qjason-did you mention ahmad brooks is in the supplemental draft? isnt that guy a flat-out stud from uva, and worth a 2nd rd pick in the supp?
kevin, palm beach gardens., fl 6/01/06
AWe've talked about him. He was very good a couple of years ago. However, knee injuries, weight problems (he was up to 285 pounds about a month ago) and off-field issues (think Ricky) have killed his value. I think he's more along the lines of a 5th rounder. Jason Cole 6/01/06

Marino13fanboy1 said:
Uhh....no more than a 5th for this guy......he's not worth anything higher at this point. Check out this from Jason Cole's column in Miami Herald.

Qjason-did you mention ahmad brooks is in the supplemental draft? isnt that guy a flat-out stud from uva, and worth a 2nd rd pick in the supp?
kevin, palm beach gardens., fl 6/01/06
AWe've talked about him. He was very good a couple of years ago. However, knee injuries, weight problems (he was up to 285 pounds about a month ago) and off-field issues (think Ricky) have killed his value. I think he's more along the lines of a 5th rounder. Jason Cole 6/01/06

The latest as of 5/31: http://kffl.com/player/13597/nfl

49ers | Team may take a shot with A. Brooks
Wed, 31 May 2006 05:59:04 -0700
Matthew Barrows, of the Sacramento Bee, reports the San Francisco 49ers will consider making a bid for former Virginia LB Ahmad Brooks in the July 13 supplemental draft, personnel director Scot McCloughan said Tuesday, May 30. Brooks will hold a workout for pro scouts at the Virginia campus June 22 and is preparing for the event at Competitive Edge Sports, an Atlanta-based outfit run by Chip Smith. Smith said Brooks now weighs 268 pounds, five or so more than his playing weight at Virginia. He also has begun to shed the maturity issues that plagued him at Virginia. Smith said Brooks has recovered from the injuries that cut short his 2005 season and estimates he will run the 40-yard dash in the 4.5-second range.

So he's down to 268 - and SF has an interest in him. Since they're in a lower pool than us, that means we'd have to give up a pick at least one round ahead of them.

Also, Cole's information is incorrect. He was 285 at the beginning of April. He was around 276 at the beginning of May.

Ronnieisabeast said:
Wasn't Brooks suppose to have his workout today? Does anybody know how he did.

It's actually scheduled for June 22 - not June 2. Sorry - I think I stated it incorrectly earlier.

I am willing to give up a pick for this man. He seems lke he is getting back on track ala RW was but he doens't have the money issues of 8.6 mill or depth that he's in and he hasn't played in the league to say oo he has the money so he'll come for a couple years and leave. I really want the guy if he can come and perform.

The Bucs will be sending people to his pro day:

Buccaneers | Team will attend Brooks’ Pro Day
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 08:54:12 -0700
The St. Petersburg Times reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen said the Bucs will attend Virginia LB Ahmad Brooks' Pro Day workout, expected to be June 22, and interview him as they would a regular draft prospect. As noted earlier, Brooks will be in the NFL's supplemental draft July 13.

When I thought he was declaring this year for the draft I thought the Dolphins should use a 2nd on him so I would not mind if they used next years second. Him and Crowder together would be a dream. He is the perfect replacement for Junior. The future of the defense would be limitless with him, Crowder, Wright, Wright, Allen, Poole, Daniels, and Roth. WWWOOOO!!!!

PhinsRDbest said:
When I thought he was declaring this year for the draft I thought the Dolphins should use a 2nd on him so I would not mind if they used next years second. Him and Crowder together would be a dream. He is the perfect replacement for Junior. The future of the defense would be limitless with him, Crowder, Wright, Wright, Allen, Poole, Daniels, and Roth. WWWOOOO!!!!

Adding Brooks to the defense would be pretty awesome.

Looks like the Sporting News agrees with you on the second:

The early word on Virginia LB Ahmad Brooks is he is expected to be a second-round pick in the July 13 supplemental draft. He would fit in best as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme, though he's gifted enough to play end in a 4-3. The question is which team will want to take a chance on his character. Brooks is not likely to get a glowing recommendation from the people at his former school.

If Saban's mental health guy gives Ahmad the okay, I think we spend a 4th if we feel we can get him for that if not then a 3rd at the highest. His talent is huge, he was a kid making mistakes. I think lots of us have done that. He would be a great OLB for us coming from Groh's system.

The Dolphins are VERY interested in Brooks. I think they'll be looking in the 3/4 area for him. High first talent in round 3..............

Back
Top Bottom