Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna take a rebirth similar to last year...I expect the Ajayi move to wake alot of people up

I also think you'll see more of Gase's offense now with Ajayi out of the way

Ajayi wasn't the only problem.

Other problems:

- We have 1 QB who can't read a defense and another who can't deliver an accurate football.
- We have skill players who can't figure out the offense / how to run an option route
- We have offensive linemen who should be retired

I understand that old adage that "if you listen to the fans, you're gonna end up sitting with them," but I gotta say, I've been on a number of opposing team fans forums and the general consensus is that Philly stole Jay and why didn't their teams get in on it. A number of "commentators" feel the same way.

I also am aware that there might have been extenuating circumstances resulting in his trading, BUT come on now, I can't believe that a run hungry team would not have at least ponied up a 3rd, or a 4th and a player or another draft pick. I wouldn't trust "Trader Mike" to negotiate a parking ticket, let alone a player transaction.

Bumping myself after Ajayi's first half on the Eagles with no practice, the morons we're entrusting with protecting the team's best interests"
  • are a Football "Czar" who would have accepted a capologist demotion for the jets and who no one in the league had any use for until Ross went dumpster diving,
  • and his lackey frontman as a for-show GM who Peter Principled out a long time ago by way of an undistinguished career, and proved only useful to other teams as a GM Rooney Rule Prop

"Trader Mike" much to everyone everywhere's amazement literally gave Ajayi away for the equivalent of a likely opportunity to either fail in drafting the next 4th rounder or fail in packaging it to trade up for another load like Carroo.

Of course Ajayi was a Dennis Hickey pick, so there's that too when it comes to Tannenbum's justifiably fragile ego.

Bumping myself after Ajayi's first half on the Eagles with no practice, the morons we're entrusting with protecting the team's best interests"
  • are a Football "Czar" who would have accepted a capologist demotion for the jets and who no one in the league had any use for until Ross went dumpster diving,
  • and his lackey frontman as a for-show GM who Peter Principled out a long time ago by way of an undistinguished career, and proved only useful to other teams as a GM Rooney Rule Prop

"Trader Mike" much to everyone everywhere's amazement literally gave Ajayi away for the equivalent of a likely opportunity to either fail in drafting the next 4th rounder or fail in packaging it to trade up for another load like Carroo.

Of course Ajayi was a Dennis Hickey pick, so there's that too when it comes to Tannenbum's justifiably fragile ego.

I liked Hickey, he got a raw deal.

Allegedly poisonous cancer in the locker room, but so far I've seen plenty of congratulatory messages from Miami players. So he might have been cancer, but at least he's popular cancer?

Allegedly poisonous cancer in the locker room, but so far I've seen plenty of congratulatory messages from Miami players. So he might have been cancer, but at least he's popular cancer?

Cancer or not, my point is that Tannenbaum has rarely entered any trades where he's gotten the best of the deal, going back to the Jets... and it usually results in losses of picks. I don't think he really tried to maximize Ajayi's value... and his lackey? Probably as useless as tits on a bull.

He is an inept advocate for this team!

He’s gone fellas. Get over it. F**k another b***h. His knee will give out by years end. Gase has la brujeria on deck.

Notice the Eagles ran Ajayi off-tackle, which is his strength. The Dolphins were unable to do that with him this year, in part because Laremy Tunsil has woefully underachieved.

And that was with the addition of Anthony Fasano, who is arguably the best blocking tight end in the league.

Of course part of that as well is that the Dolphins have a quarterback who can't back defenders out of the box. Compare that to Carson Wentz.

I'm not vilifying the guy, but we know he had issues last season, and we approved of the way the coach handled those issues.

I approve of the way the coach handled it again this season, based on everything I have heard, and I have heard a lot, from multiple sources.

Also, the sideline blowup incident was apparently also mentioned on Good Morning Football today or yesterday, so go see if you can find a copy of that. Again, I'm not making this stuff up. I liked the physical presence Ajayi brought to the team, he is a heck of a talent, and I think his combination of breakaway speed + tackle breaking is something that's going to be really hard to replace.

But... the guy had some issues here.

I believe that was on the telecast. Landry has also had sideline blow ups and so I guess we are shipping his emotions to another team also. I know Gase is emotionless on the sideline, but I didn't know that's what he demanded of his players.

If Ajai gets a SB this year I'll be happy for him. He's been fun to watch and be a fan of - but he's not all-world. I don't think we got proper value in moving him. He looked pretty fast on that long TD today. I'm more interested in how our team plays tonight. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom