AJayi Trade from a purely Football Perspective | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJayi Trade from a purely Football Perspective

I actually laughed out loud when the OP suggested that the passing game suffers because of a RB that gets shut down due to too many defenders stacked in the box. Ummm... a stacked box is exactly what you Want to see if you're an offense that has any semblance of competency at the QB position. Some of you are seriously some thinking this whole thing.

This ain't college, where he was more physical than most, and if he can't do what the coaches want him to do WTF good is he? If you are unwilling to pass block you are indeed playing 10 on 11.
Well he did pass block, and most of the time he was effective at it. But one sack in particular he was positioned too far inside, had to make a leaping block to reach the man that was his assignment, got bounced to the opposite side and his man made the sack. That was a very bad and high profile missed assignment. The 30%+ that he was hit in the backfield, that's on the OL. To be honest, Ajayi's pass protection was better percentage wise than the OL's, and all they do is block.

Gase didn't kick Ajayi to the curb because he was unproductive. He wanted him gone to make an example out of someone that would get a reaction from the rest of the team. He may have decided that they weren't going to re-sign him because of worries over his knees and underestimated his next contract to discount his compensatory value to a 4th, which is what they traded him for. I think the Eagles benefitted from a gift much like the Dolphins did with William Hayes. Each team received a very good player for almost nothing because of circumstances out of the players' control. That's just my $0.02 on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom