Alabama 2006 expectations | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama 2006 expectations

Motion said:
Come on now, you seriously think thats possible for the Tide this season???

You kidding me? We have a cake schedule, give it a look and then let me know. We play UF, UT, LSU, & Auburn. We won't lose all of those this yr. I honestly can't think of another hard game we play all yr. In my opinion, we're 9-3 and prob. Cotton Bowl bound. Losses to UF, LSU, & some team we shouldn't lose to.

Kev83 said:
You kidding me? We have a cake schedule, give it a look and then let me know. We play UF, UT, LSU, & Auburn. We won't lose all of those this yr. I honestly can't think of another hard game we play all yr. In my opinion, we're 9-3 and prob. Cotton Bowl bound. Losses to UF, LSU, & some team we shouldn't lose to.

I was mainly talking about beating both Auburn and LSU, but you guys do have a pretty easy schedule otherwise, must be nice! :D

Motion said:
Come on now, you seriously think thats possible for the Tide this season???

Well, I think 10 or 9 victories are unattainable this season, but, on the other hand, i don't know how 'Bama has trained and upgraded during this spring...

Though, In SI i could read QB JPW was working well during this spring... and the backfield is strength with Kenneth Darby and the best FB tandem. The WR corp is talented and solid (in spite of Prothro's injury)... The OL, this season, is better and should be a more cohesive unit than the group that led the SEC in sacks allowed last season. The offensive, in my opinion, is good enough and the question should be JPW's level...

The defense, for me, is a total mystery but Kines' system last season impressed me, though there are too many starters and talented players like Demeco Ryans, Freddie Roach, Roman Harper or Mark Anderson to replace...

And, in my opinion, the schedule is brutal with the road trips to Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, LSU and the Iron Bowl vs Auburn at home (this year, the Tigers are very dangerous and they are one level over Alabama!!) but the game is in Tuscaloosa!!!... :fire:

And These are my basic impressions this season, a transitional year, in my opinion, I believe Motion has all the reason

Like my first post, Eight or Nine victories and beating Auburn, for me should be a exceptional season...

firestorm said:
Well, I think 10 or 9 victories are unattainable this season, but, on the other hand, i don't know how 'Bama has trained and upgraded during this spring...

Though, In SI i could read QB JPW was working well during this spring... and the backfield is strength with Kenneth Darby and the best FB tandem. The WR corp is talented and solid (in spite of Prothro's injury)... The OL, this season, is better and should be a more cohesive unit than the group that led the SEC in sacks allowed last season. The offensive, in my opinion, is good enough and the question should be JPW's level...

The defense, for me, is a total mystery but Kines' system last season impressed me, though there are too many starters and talented players like Demeco Ryans, Freddie Roach, Roman Harper or Mark Anderson to replace...

And, in my opinion, the schedule is brutal with the road trips to Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, LSU and the Iron Bowl vs Auburn at home (this year, the Tigers are very dangerous and they are one level over Alabama!!) but the game is in Tuscaloosa!!!... :fire:

And These are my basic impressions this season, a transitional year, in my opinion, I believe Motion has all the reason

Like my first post, Eight or Nine victories and beating Auburn, for me should be a exceptional season...

Well said, I definitely agree that ALOT depends on your QB play as to how well the season plays out. I definitely see LSU and Auburn as very tough games for the Tide though.

Motion said:
Well said, I definitely agree that ALOT depends on your QB play as to how well the season plays out. I definitely see LSU and Auburn as very tough games for the Tide though.

Yeah, i think too LSU (principally) and Auburn are the contenders to SEC tittle, but your front defensive (with Marcus Thomas, Brandon Siler or Earl Everett) scare me!!!...

firestorm said:
Yeah, i think too LSU (principally) and Auburn are the contenders to SEC tittle, but your front defensive (with Marcus Thomas, Brandon Siler or Earl Everett) scare me!!!...

I agree, not to mention if Ray McDonald can come back 100% healthy our front 7 should be very solid, although we lack depth at LB.

Finally, what's the current Prothro's injury situation??, Ready to the first game or by November??? in this case, He will get a redshirt year???. I am worried enough for him...:(

firestorm said:
Finally, what's the current Prothro's injury situation??, Ready to the first game or by November??? in this case, He will get a redshirt year???. I am worried enough for him...:(

look earlier in this post, he's a no go for this yr.

firestorm said:

Well, firestorm...you're right. But don't be too worried. Alabama's DL should actually be improved over last yr, despite the loss of Mark Anderson. We have Brandon Fanney and Deadrick who have developed well, as well as Jeremy Clark and Wallace Gillbury (two beasts).

The secondary should be fine as well. We lost Roman Harper and Charlie Peprah, but still have Robinson, Simeon Castille, Gray, etc. We should be ok here as well. A slight drop off, but not much.

LB...let's just pray. Young players are ok, but man...they are young. Kines will figure something out here.

With a new QB and without Prothero (if that report is true) Bama will probably have a tougher time than I originally thought. They will have a good D and a good running game, but if the passing offense struggles so will the whole offense. VERY few running games are good enough to survive the SEC w/o a solid passing game to compliment it.

Jaydog57 said:
Well, you got UF on 9/30 and the Vols on 10/21, so you got your hands full. If you get through those, you'll be just fine.:peace:

Yeah, because LSU is a push-over. :lol:

Oboy said:
With a new QB and without Prothero (if that report is true) Bama will probably have a tougher time than I originally thought. They will have a good D and a good running game, but if the passing offense struggles so will the whole offense. VERY few running games are good enough to survive the SEC w/o a solid passing game to compliment it.

Yeah, I agree. I just recently heard Prothro is out this season too. Changes things alittle.

Back
Top Bottom