All this talk... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All this talk...

strutterphin

Scout Team
Reaction score
All this talk about the QB wont mean a thing unless the line comes together and plays well. No matter who the QB is we need Ricky to get 25+ carries a game and average atleast 4 yards a carry. The Defense must continue to stop the run and get many picks. Mare must be clutch in close games. So if we can limit the passes we throw and complete atleast half of them the Dolphins will go deep in the playoffs but as in all teams...turnovers will be key

Short, but very good post. Many posters on this forum seem to forget that. It all starts up front, no questions. We need Smith, McKinney, James, Carey, and our RG and McIntosh to gel. We need them to protect our QB and open up the holes for the running game. Once they open up holes, RW will be running loose like he did back in 2002, and that will allow us to stretch the field with CC, and once in a while David Boston. I am pumped for this season, because I think our O-line is potentially able to be a good line (for many years to come).

Yes sir. Look at Oakland in their SB run, why was such an aged team able to pass? The line was outstanding. Look at KC's line last year, making Trent Green look like an all-star which in my opinion he is not. Don't be surprised If you see Johnson or Griese (whoever wins the starting job in Tampa) to put up Pro Bowl type #s because Gruden has completely revamped that O-line.

Miamis line last season was so pathetic and yet we enended up 10-6 which gives me more belief we will go far...the pressure is on the line and they are young and hungry which I hope will result in big holes for Ricky and wide passing lanes for #7 or #9

Definately, especially Jeno James, who went to the SB and lost. I still wish we had Norv Turner though. I feel this would have been the type of offense he could have used last year for his style of play. Oh well, but yes I am looking forward to the season. Also, I like Feeleys deep ball, and I think he looks like he has the mechanics to be a good QB. We'll see what happens in the season :)

Why do I think Fiedler will be our QB again...here we go..the QB debate continues

strutterphin said:
Why do I think Fiedler will be our QB again...here we go..the QB debate continues

As long as Fiedler is still with the Dolphins there will always be this deabte with Dolphin fans. There is too much personal angst and hate on one side of this debate.

Oliver...

If he did not get injured in 2002, he would have had himself a 3,000 yard season (for 2 consecutive seasons), and we would have made playoffs. Jay is not as bad as people make him to be. He played worse last year because the line was worse, Wade Smith, although young did not have the experience that Dixon had and therefore Fiedler was pressured constantly. I do not give a crap who is our QB as long as we win a SB, but I do like all of our QBs, I just think Feeley can do it, his deep ball is sharp.

I Dont hate Fiedler and I have nothing agianst Feely either. I'll support whoever but the bottom line is going to be the O-Line

I doubt this will occur, but I want our O-line to look like this at Game 1 of the season

Smith---James---McKinney---Carey---McIntosh

I doubt it will happen because of McIntosh's injury (although he is optimistic about it), but hopefully by mid season we can see this line.

I think it will end up looking like this come season opener...

Smith---James---McKinney---St. Clair---Carey

Prime Time said:
I doubt this will occur, but I want our O-line to look like this at Game 1 of the season

Smith---James---McKinney---Carey---McIntosh

I doubt it will happen because of McIntosh's injury (although he is optimistic about it), but hopefully by mid season we can see this line.

I think it will end up looking like this come season opener...

Smith---James---McKinney---St. Clair---Carey
I think that one of our Week 1 starters will be someone who isn't even on the roster right now. I think after the June 1 cuts the Dolphins will signed someone (Possibly a cut casuality form Oakland or TB) and he will start ahead of St. Clair. I am not sold on St. Clair as a starter. He is better suited as a backup because he can play all 5 line positions.

I love what Rick has done with team, David Boston will lose the weight, Feeley will learn the system and produce, The O-Line will gel and play well, Mare will hit game winning field goals, Ricky will run for 1800+ yards, we will make the playoffs, we will win the superbowl. GO FINS GO,

The Patriots will fall, The Jets will Crash, The Bills will Starve for wins.

If there is any position that we do intend to go for come June 1st, O-line is not the #1 Priority in my opinion. It will probably be WR. Mushin Muhammed (great speed, soft hands) from Carolina is said to be available. I would take him in a heart beat, he is a speedy guy who could go deep in the slot for us or could fill in a starting job incase Boston or CC were hurt. CC, Boston, and M&M would be a dangerous WR trio.

Back
Top Bottom