Alonzo Mourning to Sign With New Jersey/Bad news for Heat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alonzo Mourning to Sign With New Jersey/Bad news for Heat

And according to this article.....Mourning's arrival also ensures Kidd's return to the Nets.

What i Think they should do is a sign n trade.. Trade mourning to the nets for a center, **** atleast Aaron WIlliams or Deke....We have to get a center in return we have no depth under big men///

Why would NJ do a sign-and-trade when they've already got an agreement in place??

I dunno it was just an idea, we just need depth chart at pf and center... DId u see the summer league games, iheard it seemed like the heat had no center or big men playing..

Bad news for Heat fans

We're losing Alonzo:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/basketball/6283200.htm

Riley's statement said: ``The last three years have been difficult for Zo, our franchise and the fans. Zo has received an opportunity that is impossible for us to match. We sat down and tried to find a way for it to work for both parties. We each really wanted to make this work, but both sides realized that it was probably time to make a change.

Zo, I respected you but after this you can go and freak yourself.

Re: Bad news for Heat fans

but good news for Nets fans :D

Originally posted by Prime Time
Zo, I respected you but after this you can go and freak yourself.
Who cares you guys wernt going to win a chapionship this year and zo wants to win one, hes getting old

Yeah, Riley said it just came down to winning and that he couldn't offer that to Zo because we've got to rebuild. Riles understands and was very emotional yesterday.

I wouldve been fine with him pulling a "Ray Bourque" and signing on to a contender to win a championship, but he said first that the ultimate priority was financial-based...he said that before he said his first priority was winning a championship, when zo looks back on this, he knows he shouldve flat out said "im leaving solely for a shot at the ring", ive lost respect for him, and many heat fans have as well....

Yeah, he definitely said things he shouldn't have. I feel he made that statement hoping it would encourage the Heat to make a competitive offer. Thankfully, it turned out to NOT be a financially-based decision, as the money was about even between NJ and Miami. Denver offered a lot more money. Not sure what Dallas offered (if they had a contract on the table yet).

Muck what are you talking about. It was a financial thing.

Back
Top Bottom