Am I crazy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I crazy

jzolnowski

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is it me or does anyone else realize that the dolphins problem is not players or potential or anything else other than the complete lack of fire. The dolphins are one of those teams year after year that dont go after teams offensively or defensively. The all star defense goes more on the fact of "everyone knows we are good" rather than going out proving it and making teams fear playing them. Furthermore, no nfl team would fear an offense that has a strategy of run, run, run and only throw if its 3rd and 20. I am not a fan of Feidler, but did he honestly ever get a chance, Marino would have failed if he only got 20 attempts a game and they were all 3rd and long. Also, I dont care who there line is, while facing 8 or 9 in the box you WILL NOT run well. I dont completely think dave is the problem but SOMEBODY needs to light a firecracker up this teams @$$. The complete lack of desire and motivation is the problem here. The dolphins need attitude and threat. I love the dolphins but untill they can get there stuff together I dont care who they bring in to play what position....they will be stuck in mediocracy.

jzolnowski said:
Is it me or does anyone else realize that the dolphins problem is not players or potential or anything else other than the complete lack of fire...The complete lack of desire and motivation is the problem here. The dolphins need attitude and threat.

Well, since you asked...it is you. The Dolphins don't lack desire or motivation. They have lacked talent, strategy, and had some unfortunate injury problems at QB and the offensive line.

Fans tend to project there own lack of fire and lack of attitude onto the team. It remains to be seen if this team has added enough talent, adjusted it's strategy, and become healthy to function as a complete team. But, I don't question their heart. They want it more than you or I could know.

The talent is there with them but c'mon how many times have we watched them blow a HUGE play when they need to come up big.

PhinstiGator said:
Well, since you asked...it is you. The Dolphins don't lack desire or motivation. They have lacked talent, strategy, and had some unfortunate injury problems at QB and the offensive line.

Fans tend to project there own lack of fire and lack of attitude onto the team. It remains to be seen if this team has added enough talent, adjusted it's strategy, and become healthy to function as a complete team. But, I don't question their heart. They want it more than you or I could know.

:allhail: :clap:

Say what you want but when its all said and done we will have blown it again this year and be back to the drawing board next year. Without a scheduale excuse

jzolnowski said:
Is it me or does anyone else realize that the dolphins problem is not players or potential or anything else other than the complete lack of fire. The dolphins are one of those teams year after year that dont go after teams offensively or defensively. The all star defense goes more on the fact of "everyone knows we are good" rather than going out proving it and making teams fear playing them. Furthermore, no nfl team would fear an offense that has a strategy of run, run, run and only throw if its 3rd and 20. I am not a fan of Feidler, but did he honestly ever get a chance, Marino would have failed if he only got 20 attempts a game and they were all 3rd and long. Also, I dont care who there line is, while facing 8 or 9 in the box you WILL NOT run well. I dont completely think dave is the problem but SOMEBODY needs to light a firecracker up this teams @$$. The complete lack of desire and motivation is the problem here. The dolphins need attitude and threat. I love the dolphins but untill they can get there stuff together I dont care who they bring in to play what position....they will be stuck in mediocracy.
I agree but every year is different anf hopefully this year is the one.

jzolnowski said:
Say what you want but when its all said and done we will have blown it again this year and be back to the drawing board next year. Without a scheduale excuse

Gee, that's pretty good. I mean, you already know they will blow it and it's only May 18th. Wow, what a boring season it's going to be for you. Seeing as how you already know the outcome. Oh well........bring on to 2005, right jzo. Or, do you already know how that season is gonna play-out too? :shakeno:

its easy to know the outcome when the problems havent been fixed. Unless your on the feeley is Marino reborn so all problems are solved boat. I agree that this season will be boring for me I cant stand living in New jersey and not being able to argue with jets fans when they say the fins will blow it......NEWSFLASH there right

jzolnowski said:
...I agree that this season will be boring for me I cant stand living in New jersey and not being able to argue with jets fans when they say the fins will blow it......NEWSFLASH there right

Hmmm. Well to quote you in your original post.... "The complete lack of desire and motivation is the problem here."

jzolnowski said:
Furthermore, no nfl team would fear an offense that has a strategy of run, run, run and only throw if its 3rd and 20. I am not a fan of Feidler, but did he honestly ever get a chance, Marino would have failed if he only got 20 attempts a game and they were all 3rd and long.
I may have gone crazy, but I thought at least towards the latter part of last season, that the offense threw too much on first down, they ran on second, which didn't get far and then tried a long throw from 3rd and 10 to make up for it, and then punted. I watched every game last year other than the 1st pats because my car was broke and I dont have direct tv, and the last jets, and I thought the main problem with the offense was the goofy playcalling. I thought more runs on first down would have been better. Does anyone have a percent of runs/pass on each down, because I might just have let the throw run throw situation overshadow anything else.

all we need for this team to be a SB contender is a good OL. Not sure if we have it or not, the OL will be the key.

Back
Top Bottom