Am I the only one that sees us trading down on Saturday? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one that sees us trading down on Saturday?

PassRush

Drunken Sailor
Reaction score
Think about it, there really is no "must have" player in the first round that will realisticly fall to us. The only first round player I am absolutly in love with is Micheal Huff and 1) He wont be there at 16 and 2) Even he is questionable. I hear increasing talk about Santonio Holmes but I just cannot justify a reciever in round one. We have very, very few picks which is unlike Saban. I could even see us trading out of the first round completely. Any thoughts?

No one would likely want to trade into the 16th position, for reason's you've stated yourself

I'd love to trade down and accumulate more picks. It just doesn't seem realistic. There are alot of teams that probably want to trade down. So, with so many potential trading partners, you lose leverage, value, and - of course- possibilities.

ur not the only one, but i wouldnt be suprised if we didnt, I gotta go to my grandmothers 75th birthday so ill be watching the draft from a bar

phinfan999 said:
ur not the only one, but i wouldnt be suprised if we didnt, I gotta go to my grandmothers 75th birthday so ill be watching the draft from a bar

how does that have to deal with trading down? I don't think the dolphins will be drafting a 75 year old grandma. :lol:

on draft day anything can happen. maybe guys want someone who falls a little further like a cutler, bunkley,wimbley, jackson,ngata. some of them have been rumored to be falling and i can see the chargers or steelers trading up if jackson or holmes is still there. especially the chargers they need weapons for drew brees. it would be very nice if we could trade down to the end of the first and would DEFINITELY still be able to choose one of these players: carpenter, cromartie, allen, whitner, williams, moss, wimbley, or lawson. i say 3 of them will be there if we trade down to like the 24-27th picks somewhere in there. we would grab someone who is worthy of a mid round 1st pick and hopefully pick up a 2nd or 3rd this year and like a 4th next.

That would be the best we could hope for.The problem is finding a trade partner.

IMO the best chance we have is if one of the two top WRs are still available at our pick.There is not much depth at the position so once the first one is gone there will be opportunities to trade down.

Saban has sold our interest in a WR very well so it could happen.

finsgonewild said:
how does that have to deal with trading down? I don't think the dolphins will be drafting a 75 year old grandma. :lol:

lol idk, i just thought id add that in there

InSabanWeTrust1 said:
on draft day anything can happen. maybe guys want someone who falls a little further like a cutler, bunkley,wimbley, jackson,ngata. some of them have been rumored to be falling and i can see the chargers or steelers trading up if jackson or holmes is still there. especially the chargers they need weapons for drew brees. it would be very nice if we could trade down to the end of the first and would DEFINITELY still be able to choose one of these players: carpenter, cromartie, allen, whitner, williams, moss, wimbley, or lawson. i say 3 of them will be there if we trade down to like the 24-27th picks somewhere in there. we would grab someone who is worthy of a mid round 1st pick and hopefully pick up a 2nd or 3rd this year and like a 4th next.
drew brees is not on the chargers.. He is on the saints. Just to let you know

InSabanWeTrust1 said:
Drew Brees doesnt play for the chargers anymore:lol:, hes gonna be playing for the Saints bench next year

yea i really hope we do and pick up manny lawson that would be my fav situtation

finsgonewild said:

I have six words for you:

Jamar Fletcher, Yatil Green, Lamar Smith.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom