Am I the only one that sees us trading down on Saturday? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one that sees us trading down on Saturday?

I'm kinda confused of why you think you would be the only one to see us trading down in the draft. We have a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 3 7th round picks. Anyone who doesn't see us trading down is crazy.

HysterikiLL said:
I have six words for you:

Jamar Fletcher, Yatil Green, Lamar Smith.
You must mean Sammy Smith...We didn't draft Lamar. Those three all had potential when they were picked. Ronnie Brown could get injured and end his career this preseason, and we would all be talking about him in 10 years and what a bust he was.

Please don't let that happen, of course.

Anyway, I really hope we find a partner to trade down with and pick up an extra third or 4th.

I don't think there is any doubt...

that unless a suprise player is there at 16...that we won't try...
but I also think the trade has to match the draft value chart for Saban to consider it. I can't see him taking a lesser deal.

If I had to make a guess...I think a lot of time will come off that 15 minute clock...unless a guy like Huff inexplicably slips...

I am not as convinced as some are that trade partners will be so hard to find...I just think that it still has to be the right deal...which is the difficult part. If you deal down to say 27 with the Panthers...well then you should be pretty sure that a player you still want will be there. We are assuming that the players that go at that range are ones that Saban is interested in.

For example, I would like to target Nick Mangold around 27...or maybe like Josepth or Marshall...but if they aren't there and the staff is enamored with any one else...suddenly you are probably desperate to move down again.

Back
Top Bottom