An Unbiased View of the BCS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Unbiased View of the BCS

Cuban Dave 9 said:
IIRC, The SEC does not play every team in the SEC each year. The same flaws with the Big10 happens in the SEC also..... I dont recall Florida's earlier schedule, but arent there 2 or 3 teams in the SEC they dont play every year?

Crowder52 said:
Want to know the only 2 teams in the conference UF didn't play?

Mississippi (4-8) and Miss. State (3-9), the two worst teams in the conference.

Gracias. I forgot who. Regardless of their record, its a flaw in every conference where you can have that situation every year, not just the Big10.

Crowder52 said:
Want to know the only 2 teams in the conference UF didn't play?

Mississippi (4-8) and Miss. State (3-9), the two worst teams in the conference.

Yea, they played West Carolina instead. :sidelol:

Still a tougher schedule than Michigan or Ohio State IMO though.

Philter25 said:
*sigh* I have been defeated. Pointless thread. Mods, feel free to close.

Good luck UF.

I hope next year you are on the bad end of the crock that is the BCS. I'm sure you will be singing a different tune and hopefully you can look at it objectively and see whats wrong with it.
LOL, I personally did not mean it that way. I was just adding more to your point.

Do I think the system is correct? NO. I did not realize that was the intend of this thread (I thought it was another endless debate over who should be #2). Do we need a playoff? Yes. Why is Div 1 the ONLY sport that does not have a playoff/tournament to decide the champ? It is really becoming a pain the rear how every year there is at least one team that feels it got "jobbed"

Stitches said:
Yea, they played West Carolina instead. :sidelol:

Still a tougher schedule than Michigan or Ohio State IMO though.

Everyone has a few crap teams on their schedule, I don't see what's laughable about it. We played two teams that aren't going to a bowl, and you picked one of them.

Oboy said:
LOL, I personally did not mean it that way. I was just adding more to your point.

Do I think the system is correct? NO. I did not realize that was the intend of this thread (I thought it was another endless debate over who should be #2). Do we need a playoff? Yes. Why is Div 1 the ONLY sport that does not have a playoff/tournament to decide the champ? It is really becoming a pain the rear how every year there is at least one team that feels it got "jobbed"

NP. This is turning into another pointless debate about who is #2. I cant stand defending Michigan nor did I ever intend on defending Michigan. Everyone can make arguments for both sides, most arguments are also applicable to the other side. That was the point. This is just another perfect example of the flaws in the BCS and just another step towards a playoff system.

I am throwing in the towel......

Philter25 said:
You can make the same argument for Florida not playing every team in their conference.... its a flaw in not just the Big10 (11)

Edited because I cant remember UF's schedule off the top of my head.
Yeah, but they do play 8 SEC teams during the season (the same as Big Ten schools). 5 from their division, plus LSU every year, plus 2 on a rotation, PLUS a championship game.

Stitches said:
No, I'm saying OSU may have lost to Wisconsin, not that they are deserving of thier rank. I mean who knows, when they never played, Wisconsin may have destroyed them. I mean, Illinois almost beat OSU for crying out loud. It is absurd to think about how the Big Ten is handled games-wise.
Gotcha :up:

finswin56 said:
Yeah, but they do play 8 SEC teams during the season (the same as Big Ten schools). 5 from their division, plus LSU every year, plus 2 on a rotation, PLUS a championship game.

Yeah the championship game is what ensures you play the best or 2nd best team in the conference. If you win the East, if the West champion rotated off of your schedule that year then you still play them after all.

finswin56 said:
:up:

Philter25 said:
Regardless of their record, its a flaw in every conference where you can have that situation every year, not just the Big10.
A flaw, but one that is mitigated by a conference championship game, one where UF could have easily played LSU twice.

Don't throw in the towel. This is a good thread, and the #2 debate is an exercise in futility that should be saved for countless other threads.

Yup, and as said before, with only 11 teams in the Big10, they cant have a championship game. Their system is flawed also. They can have co-Big10 champs each year if 2 teams end up with the same record. Just another flaw to add to the list.

Crowder52 said:
Everyone has a few crap teams on their schedule, I don't see what's laughable about it. We played two teams that aren't going to a bowl, and you picked one of them.

I laughed because West Carolina is D-1AA, so of course they have no shot at goign to a bowl, regardless of record. It's laughable that they even bother scheduling that game, because it would be more of a challenge to scrimmage thier 1st team against thier 2nd team. And I know every big team schedules a cake opponent or two, notice how I went on to say Florida still played a tougher schedule than Michigan or Ohio State?

Philter25 said:
I think you missed the point where I stated I haaaaaaaaate Michigan and I haaaaaaaaaaaate Ohio State and I will be rooting for BOTH of them to lose in their Bowl Games.

no i didnt miss it, it just sounds as if your giving more credit to Michigan than they deserve.

Philter25 said:
*sigh* I have been defeated. Pointless thread. Mods, feel free to close.

Good luck UF.

I hope next year you are on the bad end of the crock that is the BCS. I'm sure you will be singing a different tune and hopefully you can look at it objectively and see whats wrong with it.

UF fans still see the BCS as a crock, still not as bad as Auburn got burned two years ago!!! Urban even said they have to change the system cause no matter what a team who is deserving will not get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom