And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

Frisches13283 said:
It's not something I can describe. I lack the descriptive vocabulary to accurately describe the scenario, as well as the technical descriptions of certain routes vs coverages. But just watching how they throw, the velocity of the ball, the accuracy, you can see it and just be like, 'yea, no way ____ could ever make that throw consistently.'

and I wouldn't say Troy throws a great deep ball. Sure he can throw a spiral, and throw it far, but he just has to put it in front of his recievers. Normally the closest DBs on deep balls are 5 yards behind the WR and losing ground. Ginn runs like a 4.29 and Gonzo runs like a 4.4 prolly, they just run by everyone on the deep balls. He doesn't have to place the ball on the outside shoulder(or anywhere else for that matter), effectively sealing the DB from the ball, because his recievers are so fast.

Troy is more accurate than Brady nad has a bigger deep arm....How often does Quinn air it out? his longest passes are the catches after the run.

Whitner20 said:
Troy is more accurate than Brady nad has a bigger deep arm....How often does Quinn air it out? his longest passes are the catches after the run.

There is no way Quinn can air it out farther than Troy. I give the accuracy to Quinn but not Arm strength.

Whitner20 said:

Ok, I don't want to get into an argument about this, but a ton of Smiths long passes come from runs after the catch too. I see Ginn and Gonzo turn 10 yard completions into 30 yarders all the time.

As to how often Quinn airs it out, he probably doesn't throw it deep as often as Troy Smith. But his recievers aren't the track stars that OSU's are either. Not to mention that OSU and Notre Dame run much different offenses.

Troy Smith may be able to throw the ball far, but so could Kordell Stewart. Brady Quinn has enough arm strength to make all the neccessarry throws, as well as the touch and precision.

If you really think Brady is less accurate than Troy, you need to take off the scarlett glasses and step back for just a moment. Brohm is probably the only QB who is more consistently accurate with his passes than Quinn. I don't even like Quinn, and I admit that.

Majpain said:
Is brohm a Junior?

Yes, just like Michael Bush is. That's why it was such a huge blow when he got hurt, because no one knew at the beginning of the year if they'd(Louisville) have them together for more than this season.

Frisches13283 said:
Too bad he broke his leg. :boohoo:

At least he didn't tear anything though.

I know. I hope that doesnt effect him in the future. I hate seeing a player going down like that.

Whitner20 said:

Quinn aired it out more last year but it isnt like he is throwing 10 yard outs that the WR are taking to the house everytime, he gets plenty on the deep ball. Jeff and Rhema arent Ginn, they have some speed but they arent running by everyone so the QB just has to throw it up and not worry about coverage.

I dont understand how an OSU fan of all people can try to say the WR's are doing all the work to make Quinn look good. It's the second person who has said or implied that.

DonShula84 said:
Quinn aired it out more last year but it isnt like he is throwing 10 yard outs that the WR are taking to the house everytime, he gets plenty on the deep ball. Jeff and Rhema arent Ginn, they have some speed but they arent running by everyone so the QB just has to throw it up and not worry about coverage.

I dont understand how an OSU fan of all people can try to say the WR's are doing all the work to make Quinn look good. It's the second person who has said or implied that.

Don, I was defending Quinn for you. It had to be done, even if I don't like him.

Frisches13283 said:
Ok, I don't want to get into an argument about this, but a ton of Smiths long passes come from runs after the catch too. I see Ginn and Gonzo turn 10 yard completions into 30 yarders all the time.

As to how often Quinn airs it out, he probably doesn't throw it deep as often as Troy Smith. But his recievers aren't the track stars that OSU's are either. Not to mention that OSU and Notre Dame run much different offenses.

Troy Smith may be able to throw the ball far, but so could Kordell Stewart. Brady Quinn has enough arm strength to make all the neccessarry throws, as well as the touch and precision.

If you really think Brady is less accurate than Troy, you need to take off the scarlett glasses and step back for just a moment. Brohm is probably the only QB who is more consistently accurate with his passes than Quinn. I don't even like Quinn, and I admit that.
Smith 67.9% completion percentage and Quinn 63% no scarlet glasses needed?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortables?stat=pass&sort=rat&season=2&year=2006&group=80

Back
Top Bottom