Andrew Luck now calling own plays at Stanford | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck now calling own plays at Stanford

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
Expanding the resume.

It’s not enough that Stanford’s Andrew Luck leads one of the best teams in the country, as well as the race for the Heisman Trophy.
Now, he’s calling his own plays.

Coach David Shaw has started allowing his cerebral senior quarterback to make his own decisions at the line of scrimmage, something Washington coach Steve Sarkisian described as a “lost art.” Shaw said the Cardinal allowed Luck to do that a little bit against USC two years ago, but have had the strategy — borrowed from former NFL coach Jon Gruden — mostly on the shelf since then.

“It really helps him play the game faster,” Shaw said. “We have one of the few quarterbacks in college football who can truly do it.”

Big game of the week.

The last time the Oregon Ducks played Cal, their high-flying offense ground to a virtual halt and they needed a punt return for a touchdown to escape the Bay Area with a sloppy 15-13 victory last season.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/52677683-77/yards-coach-game-pac.html.csp

Just for those who still have doubts that this kids is about as sure a franchise QB you can possibly get.

The level of development this kid is at is so advanced.............

WE NEED HIM!!!!!!!

The kid is basically a pro QB playing in college. Take him off Stanford and you have a similar result as with the Colts. I'd really love to see him play in the National Championship against one of the SEC teams or maybe even versus Landry Jones in one of the other Bowls.

The kid is basically a pro QB playing in college. Take him off Stanford and you have a similar result as with the Colts. I'd really love to see him play in the National Championship against one of the SEC teams or maybe even versus Landry Jones in one of the other Bowls.

Reminiscent of Leinhart vs Young. Except Luck and Jones will amount to something at the next level.

Reminiscent of Leinhart vs Young. Except Luck and Jones will amount to something at the next level.

I agree wholeheartedly. What's going to kill Stanford is the SOS. Even if they beat Oregon & USC, it's unlikely to get them to #2. Just too many things have to break right, but I guess there's still a shot. You figure either Alabama or LSU will be in the NC, but one of them vs Stanford in the other Bowls would be amazing. Luck vs Saban's defense... oh man. That would be awesome.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/52677683-77/yards-coach-game-pac.html.csp

[h=2]Andrew Luck now calling own plays at Stanford[/h]Just for those who still have doubts that this kids is about as sure a franchise QB you can possibly get.

Calling his own college plays doesn't automatically translate to success in the NFL. Suck for luck is a loser mentality, not guaranteed, and just plain silly. Dolphins would be better served by getting someone who can draft talent, and drafting well with whatever picks they get. Lots of teams are good year in and year out doing just that.

I agree wholeheartedly. What's going to kill Stanford is the SOS. Even if they beat Oregon & USC, it's unlikely to get them to #2. Just too many things have to break right, but I guess there's still a shot. You figure either Alabama or LSU will be in the NC, but one of them vs Stanford in the other Bowls would be amazing. Luck vs Saban's defense... oh man. That would be awesome.
Thats one more reason the bowl system sucks. Pac-10 champ plays the Big-10 champ. Other than the NC, you never get new matchups.

Thats one more reason the bowl system sucks. Pac-10 champ plays the Big-10 champ. Other than the NC, you never get new matchups.

The system really blows and I agree with you. But unfortunately the almighty dollar rules all. Saw what happened in college hoops this offseason right? Pittsburgh and Syracuse bolted the Big East to the ACC. And the ONLY reason is the football money. I've all but given up trying to understand it all and who it benefits and who it doesn't. All I know is most FANS absolutely love the college basketball tournament and hate the college football BCS. Yet here we are, destroying hoops conferences so some fat cats/big wigs in suits get fatter pockets. Can you even imagine if college football adopted a format similar to March Madness? It would dwarf college hoops, the Super Bowl, the NBA finals, and the World Series. But we still don't have it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom