Another 2014 Big Board (drafttek.com) Top 100

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by j-off-her-doll, May 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Something to discuss during the down time. And happy Memorial Day, guys.

http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2014.asp

2. Digital

Digital Starter

Not a bad top 32. They vary so much this early in the season that's its hard to ever find one you agree with 100%, this seems like one of the better ones. Clowney, Bridgewater, Lee, Matthews and Barr are all very rare talents and very possibly all top 10 guys IMHO. I'm glad to see Lyerla being projected as a 1st rounder because I don't share the common opinion that ASJ is light years better than Lyerla. All in all, its a good start.

3. CattailsrEdible

CattailsrEdible Well-Known Member

Crumble for clowney?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4. justdev7

justdev7 Rookie

Clowney is the best overall prospect I think I've ever seen regardless if position.

5. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Did you just wake up from a coma in the past year? This guy named Andrew Luck was drafted in 2012.

6. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

"Belly up for Bridgewater"

7. hoops

hoops exited stage left

name that really stands out for being entirely too high is jackson jeffcoat...seriously overrated there

aj mccarron is the most talented pro prospect qb bamas had in a while...he's gonna stick for someone and probably be a solid starter...but not a get you over the hump guy at that level imo

they've also got mccullers way too high...you don't want a 6 ft 7 guy playing the nose in your d...lose too many leverage battles and guys can get up under your pads...he's kinda buyer beware to me at that height...i don't see much pass rush talents on the inside there either...a too tall plugger

8. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

McCullers and Lewan are the two guys in the top 10 that stand out as bad choices - imo. Better than most draftek lists. A friend of mind likes the site, so I check it for the sake of conversation more than anything. Most of their lists are questionable, but this is solid-ish.

9. hoops

hoops exited stage left

mccullers future probably lies at 5 tech at that height...but i see a large learning curve there...lewan i have no problem with in the top 10 personally but not over the ultimate technician jake mathews...i would have taken mathews over any tackle in the 2013 class had he come out...

10. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

I believe Clowney is certainly going to be considered one of the best DE prospects of all time. He's probably going to surpass what Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Reggie White, and Jevon Kearse were able to do in terms of off-the-charts athleticism and explosion, raw size-to-speed ratio, flexibility and movement skills, and elite production/dominant film.

He's already clearly in that category. All Clowney has to do is stay healthy.

11. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Surprisingly Seantrel Henderson is listed at #78 and he's not even the best O-lineman on the Canes squad, Brandon Linder is.

12. hoops

hoops exited stage left

the only concern that i have with clowney is that he keeps adding weight and loses some of that explosion and burst...like daquan bowers did a couple years ago...clowney is plenty heavy enough right now...don't gain any more weight

13. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

He's not losing any explosion or burst. He's getting more explosive as his frame continues to fill out. This is part of what makes Clowney a legitimately special talent as opposed to the lip service that I've seen get paid to many a player. Bowers is a prime example. I didn't buy the Bowers hype.

Bowers had nowhere near the movement skills and explosion that Clowney has. Bowers didn't have the length that Clowney has to continue adding good weight.

Clowney was running 4.5's this spring at 270 pounds.

14. hoops

hoops exited stage left

4.5 at 270...i look forward to seeing that

15. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Hope you guys had a nice Memorial Day weekend as well. My birthday is tomorrow (May 29th) and this is always around this Holiday, so it is a nice way to kick off the Summer. :brewskis:

I have seen some publications having us taking a DT to possible replace Starks. Daniel McCullers of TENN, Anthony Johnson of LSU, or Louis Nix of Notre Dame, might be a nice fit. It will be interesting to see what Ireland does with Starks, and whether he will give him a long term deal.

16. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I like McCullers to some degree but based on what he's shown to date (he could improve next year, who knows) he doesn't deserve 1st round standing let alone top 10 standing. I think this is just people going nuts about a size listing (based on tradition) and not stopping to think a moment about the direction the NFL is going and how the value of those gigantic space eaters is being reduced at an annual pace. When I watch him I see a guy that is big and strong and dominant within his area of operation, but I also see a guy whose area of operation is relatively small and I don't see a guy who is consistently affecting the passer.

You see three archetypes when it comes to the guys in the middle up front. There are huge guys that are unnaturally quick for their size, there are smaller guys who are unnaturally strong for their size, and then there's something in between. There's always going to be demand for the guys that fit right in between those archetypes, so long as they're good. But in the past, with Bill Parcells' and George Young's "planet theory", you can say with certainty that the NFL was definitely a lot more enamoured with the huge guys that are unnaturally quick for their size. That continues in some circles. But lately there's been a growing trend away from those guys and toward the other end of the spectrum, the smaller guys who are unnaturally strong despite their being small. I think you can directly attribute this trend to the growing importance of the passing game and especially the quick passing game.

17. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if you want to replace randy starks will sutton is who i would do it with...cat quick dt on the inside who not only gets to the qb he finishes and punishes them...i don't care if the guys 6 ft 3 and 280 lbs...i want that quickness and ability to finish in my dt rotation...that kids a manimal

18. dolphinut13

dolphinut13 Member

Card fan here. Bridgewater is a stud. Deserving of the projected #2 slot.

19. massimo998

massimo998 Member

On one hand i hope we can get jake matthews the other i hope were drafting at 32 and he isnt available

20. justdev7

justdev7 Rookie

Nope I just think that clowney is a better DE than Luck was a qb prospect

21. Roman529

Draftek has us taking Cyrus Kouandijo, LOT, Alabama with next year's 1st rounder (the 14th overall pick). Updated four days ago. I cannot see us picking that low...I think we pick in the 20's.

22. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I see next year's potential top priorities being left tackle, defensive tackle, corner, tailback, offensive guard, tight end and free safety...loosely in that order.

My best guess for a first rounder right now would indeed be an offensive tackle and Cyrus Kouandjio makes sense.

23. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i will be surprised if we are in position to land cyrus come next may...

24. Roman529

Kouandijo would make sense depending on how Jonathan Martin plays the LT spot this year. I kind of feel Martin would be better suited for the right side, but let's see how he protects Tannehill's blind side this season.

25. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I love Kyle Van Noy. When ever I went to watch Ziggy Ansah, Noy kept popping out to me.

26. hoops

hoops exited stage left

I think it's gonna be tackle also but off what I have seen from Clabo thus far and how limited athletically he looks wouldn't surprise me if it was for a right tackle

27. PHINSfan

PHINSfan FinHeaven VIP

I guess so far signing Clabo for a one year deal made sense. I too think that RT and ROG, so far, seems like a glaring need