Another Limey Phin fan from across the pond... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Limey Phin fan from across the pond...

Frostblade

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi there. Been a Dolfan since the early 80s and a member of Dolfan UK for about the last 5 years.

With yesterday's news, I thought it might be a good idea to make some friends on here, especially if any of you are considering a trip to London in October.

Cheers.

Welcome to FH mate.:fh:

We have quite a few limeys as members.Apparently the Dolphins are the most popular NFL team in the UK.

Just out of curiosity how did you become a fan of the Dolphins ? :D

Welcome to the best site on the web! :fh: be warned though - it's not the most popular of decisions to play the game over here!

Hi there. Been a Dolfan since the early 80s and a member of Dolfan UK for about the last 5 years.

With yesterday's news, I thought it might be a good idea to make some friends on here, especially if any of you are considering a trip to London in October.

Cheers.
I went out last night and celebrated with Cottage Pie and a Newcastle on tap. That's as close as I'm gonna get unfortunately. Welcome.

Welcome mate to real FOOTBALL, not that soccer that Manchester United plays. :wink:

Another old Dolfan in the UK here!

Dolfan since 1982 when NFL started on TV in UK.

I have made 14 trips to USA since 1986 to see NFL and other sports, been to 12 Dolphin Home Games and 2 SuperBowls (1989 in Miami & 2003 in San Diego).

Wembley means I'll get to 2 Dolphins home games this year as I'll be going over to Miami again in November.

Dave

Welcome to FH mate.:fh:

We have quite a few limeys as members.Apparently the Dolphins are the most popular NFL team in the UK.

Just out of curiosity how did you become a fan of the Dolphins ? :D

Hi CrunchTime.

I became a fan when I was seven when I visited the states in the fall of 1981. My father was in the Royal Navy and his ship was in visiting Mayport up near Jacksonville. We flew over to visit him, and one of my most vivid memories was watching a Phins game on TV. Didn't know what was going on, but the Dolphins just stuck in my memory from there on. All this was reinforced through the 80s as channel 4 started showing games and the Phins came over to Wembly in 88. I supported the team on my own until I was training to be in the Met at Hendon in North London in 2002. I made a trip to the Sports Cafe in Haymarket just down from Picadilly to watch the Dolphins / Chargers game, met a few guys who introduced me to Dolfan UK and I haven't looked back since.

Welcome, Frostblade. It's great to have you here with us.

Another old Dolfan in the UK here!

Dolfan since 1982 when NFL started on TV in UK.

I have made 14 trips to USA since 1986 to see NFL and other sports, been to 12 Dolphin Home Games and 2 SuperBowls (1989 in Miami & 2003 in San Diego).

Wembley means I'll get to 2 Dolphins home games this year as I'll be going over to Miami again in November.

Dave

Welcome to you too mate.I have been trying to convince our members that the Dolphins playing a home game in London is a good thing.

We have a lot of limeys who became Dolphin fans after the team played an exhibition game in London.

I expect that this game will generate a lot of new fans as well.

I am considering making the trip abroad for the game in the UK... if so, I will let you know! Might make it my honeymoon trip. :) Good to have you at FH!

Back
Top Bottom